General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

7 question Quiz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 15:41

Here are 7 questions for you. Answers later ish. Liz

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 15:42

1. I often go into the police station in the middle of the night, and destroy considerable number of fingerprints. I do not consider myself a criminal. Who am I? 2. Mr Robinson wanted a house where all the windows in all of the rooms faced south. How did he manage this? 3. You enter a deserted house late at night. Inside there is an oil lamp, gas fire, and a stove full of wood. You have only one match however, so which should you light first? 4. A man stopped his car opposite a hotel and immediately knew that he was bankrupt. How? 5. If the average hen’s egg is 5 cm long and weighs 300 grams, and an average peacock’s egg is exactly twice the length and 2.5 times the weight, which has the greater circumference? 6. A horse ploughs a field all day. If he takes 24 steps to reach one edge of the field to the other, how many hoof prints will the horse leave in the last furrow? 7. Two fathers and two sons enter a shop and spend £1.50 each. The shopkeeper takes £4.50. What happened to the rest?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:14

1/ the cleaner. 7/grandfather/father/son each spent 1.50 = 4.50. bryan.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 16:14

I'll do the answers in about 20 mins or so

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:19

3/ the stove....then use a piece of wood to light the others. bryan.

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:21

3. The match

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:22

2. His house was at the North Pole

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:24

6. None - the furrow is between the horses legs?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:27

4/ someone told him on his mobile phone. bryan.

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:31

Did we manage all the answers between us Bryan? I wonder how many we got right! LOL Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:38

still 5/ to go,and ime not sure of this one...maths tells me its the peacocks egg,but its bound to be a trick lol bryan.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 16:41

Sue/Brian You both done pretty well Heres the answers 1. The cleaner 2. He built a house on the North Pole, so that all four sides faced south. 3. The match 4. He was playing monopoly. 5. Peacocks do not lay eggs. 6. None The plough will turn the soil over and cover any hoof prints left by the horse. 7. Only 3 men entered the shop. A son, a father and a grandfather, so only £4.50 was spent. Brian u were right with the peacock (peahen would lay eggs)

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:42

Bryan I never was any good at maths! If you go for the peacocks egg and I go for the hen's egg the answer will probably be they are both the same! LOL Sue

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:45

Very good Liz! Thanks, any more like that? I must send it to my brother, he teaches 16 year old boys. He will probably use it to prove his superior intelligence! LOL Sue

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 16:47

Sue Will do some more tomorrow - I got these out of a book called Mind bending lateral thinking puzzles Its quite good Liz

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 16:51

I can only answer these sort of questions if I have the answers in front of me Sue what subjects does your brother teach?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:52

thanks liz,and sue,i enjoyed that...that monopoly one was a pig though lol. bryan.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 16:53

glad you enjoyed Brian - will do some more about the same time tomorrow

Sue

Sue Report 17 Jul 2004 16:58

Liz He is a sports master really, but also head of year. He also teaches English and French and I think they call it P.S.E. (personal & social education?) Didn't have things like that when I was at school! LOL I wouldn't have his job for all the tea in China - give me under 5s anytime! Sue

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 17 Jul 2004 17:03

Sue I don't envy your brother either.