General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracing a 'Marriage'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 18 Jul 2004 15:30

I've been trying for a long time now to track my Grandmothers marriage.........but there is a problem! I don't know when it occured, where it was, only that it was Windsor or London and only probably in 1917. The biggest problem of all is that she 'married' a bigamist. Would all records have been destroyed? I know this is a pig in a poke and I shall probably never find any answer. Someone may come up with some bright idea or even tell me to forget it, Jo.

John

John Report 18 Jul 2004 15:44

Never forget it!!! Tell us all some names.

Fairy

Fairy Report 18 Jul 2004 15:54

John, All I know is that her maiden name was Tinson which she kept for the rest of her life. I don't know the so called husbands name, he was French anyway which makes it even more of a puzzle. She also had a son called Francis, by this french guy, then another child who became my father. I've tried to trace Francis, but the rumour goes he disapeared during WW2, never to be heard of again. My father tried for many years to track him down but failed. Thanks Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 18 Jul 2004 18:48

jo whats your grans full maiden name, year of her birth, where she was born, and i will see if i can turn up anything for you, give me a few days though, sandra jo you can email me it if easier you have my addy

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 18 Jul 2004 20:35

Joanne, Have sent you an e-mail, hope it helps. Helen