General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My new driveway

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzy

Suzy Report 18 Jul 2004 18:40

We are having our driveway done and have had a couple of visits from companies which lay PATTERNED IMPRESSED DRIVEWAYS, which are made from concrete but which look like a variety of natural materials; like cobble, brick, stone etc. It looks very impressive in the brochure, coming in numerous colours, and is very hard-wearing and does not let weeds grow through. Have any of you good people had such a driveway laid? If so, are you impressed? What company did you use?....we live in SE London (Orpington). We don't want to part with over £2,000 if it's not any good!!

Iz

Iz Report 18 Jul 2004 22:51

Suzie, I had it done about 8 years ago, and my friends also- still looks good, just needing to be sealed again this summer. Isobel

Mags

Mags Report 19 Jul 2004 03:28

Hello Suzy - they did an article about this sort of work on Watchdog some time ago - there are some unscrupulous contractors out there so check them out before you part with any money. Perhaps you could get the name of the contractor used by the lady that has replied above - at least they would come recommended! Magsx

Suzy

Suzy Report 19 Jul 2004 08:55

Hi Linda, Isobel and Mags. Thank you so much for replying. I think we are going to go ahead, but I intend to arrange to speak to some people in the area who have used the firm(s) already. One quote was about £200 more than the other, but the man seemed more professional with a portfolio. We'll probably go with him. Thank you all again. It's great to have the opportunity to get input from so many people.

Suzy

Suzy Report 31 Jul 2004 18:05

Sorry to drag this up from the archives, but wanted to let you know we had our drive done and it looks SUPER. Thanks to everyone who answered my original query.

Mags

Mags Report 31 Jul 2004 19:37

Suzy - expect to see you in Homes and Gardens now lol glad it went well and that you are pleased with it. Did you go with the more expensive quote in the end?? Magsxx

Suzy

Suzy Report 31 Jul 2004 19:46

Hi Mags We went for the cheaper quote actually, and saved £200. Can't see my little townhouse in Homes and Gardens...but I can live in hope. LOL