General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i feel for all you mums out there

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 21 Jul 2004 10:28

i have just spoken to my friend in the uk and she has informed me school holidays have started for 6 weeks and heres me moaning about my kids who go back tuesday after 2 weeks off mine are now sat in their rooms and waiting for me to enter with the wooden spoon to smack their behinds with,not that i would its great to see them suffer and sweat (cruel arent i) well good luck you mums with 6 weeks of fighting screaming and money to be spent on you kids

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jul 2004 10:31

Thanks! My son breaks up from school, and my daughter breaks up from playgroup today. I'm taking a few minutes break at the moment from preparing food for the teddy bear's picnic that is the traditional end to the playgroup year. I work full time (though I've taken a day's leave today) so the next few weeks is going to cost me an absolute fortune in extra childcare. I have a couple of weeks off in August but can't take the whole of the holidays off unfortunately. Angela

Jane

Jane Report 21 Jul 2004 10:35

Not just Mums. I'm a Nana who looks after Grand children while my daughter's work. Unlike when my own two were little I enjoy it though! Maybe it's having more money, time and patience as I get older. Oh and living at the seaside now so there's so much more to do. Jane

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 21 Jul 2004 13:13

My daughter breaks up early today and I am looking forward to the next few weeks. Unfortunately she has a part time summer job so our time will be limited but we plan to make the most of it. I love the school holidays and not just now when she is 15, but years ago when the garden and house was full of friends in the paddling pool etc. Jacky:-)

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 21 Jul 2004 13:19

My six year old son broke up yesterday and is bored already (deep sigh!). We've arranged lots of get togethers with his mates so lets hope the sun keeps shining. Actually, with the teacher training days bunged on the holidays are closer to 7 weeks :( Sheila

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 21 Jul 2004 13:36

LOL stop your moaning - us poor mums in Ireland have them at home for TEN weeks they broke up Wed 30th JUNE!!!!! 6 Wks is a breeze LOL!! Mind you before we know it it'll be them calling US 'cos their children are on summer hols *chuckle* Much happiness Debi

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Jul 2004 13:44

My two broke up on Friday until 2 sept. We may go for a day out here & there, but not much as were saving for a decent hol next year. When the sun comes out, I will take them to pets corner in the town park Elaine x