General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

25 pence just cost me 25 pounds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jul 2004 10:56

Just had to share this with you all ,my washine machine stoped working on Monday man has just called, "oh it is either your pump which will cost you £65 or money stuck in the pump which will cost you £25". it was twenty pence piece and five pence peice luckly for hubbys pocket it cost £25 pounds but the man was only here 10 mins as well, but at least now i have a working washine machine Margaret

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Jul 2004 11:00

Margaret Lucky for you it was £25. They can be so expensive to fix. My washer/drier went wrong for the first time only a year after I got it. I thought that if it could go wrong so soon after getting it then things would only get worse. So I now pay something like £7 a month so that if it goes wrong somebody just comes out and fixes it. Jeanette

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jul 2004 12:01

Val My washine machine before this one which is the same make Hover it lasted me 18 years rust got at it in the end, this one i have now is four years old has had a new drum new timer luckly at the time i had an insurence on it but some how think its not going to make the 18 years , they dont make things like they used to lol Margaret