General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally... woo hoo!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 Jul 2004 13:45

I got a job! Finally!! It's only a 20 minute walk from home too. It's a receptionist/general admin job for a windows and conservatories company! Someone has finally given me a chance.... no I can get my car and concentrate of getting some kind of work experience for my social work masters degree. (a very happy) Chloe

Melinda

Melinda Report 21 Jul 2004 13:47

congratulations and well done chloe,there will be no stopping you now lol,best wishes luv melinda

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2004 13:48

Oh wow Chloe, well done! I've been following your threads and know how much this job means to you, so many congratulations. Mandy :))

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 Jul 2004 13:56

Thanks Mandy, Linda and Melinda. I am so happy. It's definitely not the best job in the world, but it's the job that means I can buy a gorgeous car that I can call my own and practice on and eventually drive on my own. Woo hoo! And it's not working at Sainsbury's!!!! Chloe

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 Jul 2004 14:01

Anyone know any good car makes???

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 Jul 2004 14:15

Yes I know what you mean about staying in the real world. LOL Chloe

Fairy

Fairy Report 21 Jul 2004 14:43

Well done and good luck. I know it's difficult to get a job today. Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Jul 2004 19:35

well done chloe enjoy youir new job sandra

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jul 2004 08:21

Great news about your job Chloe, and in walking distance too. After so many years studying it was about time someone gave you a chance to save up for 'wheels'. I don't know much about cars, but my elder daughter has been really happy with her 2 Yaris.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 22 Jul 2004 08:24

well done chloe

badger

badger Report 22 Jul 2004 08:24

Very well done lass ,youve done the fist bit ,now good luck for the future ,i couldnt, be more pleased for you.Fred.

Natalie

Natalie Report 22 Jul 2004 09:14

Well done Chloe, Nat

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 22 Jul 2004 10:35

Thank you everyone. Really sweet (all the good lucks). Typical that I got offered the job yesterday, and then I get an interview through the post this morning for a job I applied to a while ago!! LOL When it rains.... it pours! Chloe