General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fashion conscience or not?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 21 Jul 2004 18:38

Do you follow the trend and buy what is in fashion? For instance, if the fashion is short skirts, would you wear them, or think, no that's not for me - because of age, figure etc. Also do you choose the colours in the present fashion?

Fairy

Fairy Report 21 Jul 2004 18:47

Personally I like to buy what I feel comfortable in. I do feel some people should not wear some of the fashions of today. For instance crop tops and hipster trousers look dreadful on some people with a tyre round the middle. Jo.

syljo

syljo Report 21 Jul 2004 18:52

I agree with you. I do tend to watch for the latest colours though and usually wear trousers anyway. Mind you, men with a bulge in too-tight shorts is a sorry sight too!!

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 21 Jul 2004 21:38

i wear wat im happiest in which is jeans, t shirts and trainers even wore them to a wedding...lol

syljo

syljo Report 22 Jul 2004 10:02

Yes, Di I prefer comfortable clothes, but do like to wear the colours in fashion. Of course I'm criticised by daughters and granddaughter if I don't. Praised if they like it, and if they don't then I'm told - a bit like me they are, tell the truth! My granddaughter came a couple of weeks ago with a new hairstyle. I said ooh what have you done to your hair, and she (looking cross) said thanks, I've just spent ...... Euros on this. I saw her later in my bathroom altering her hair. Sylvia