General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what were you in your mad youth ?????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Jul 2004 19:04

I was a skinhead in 1981 age 15. I had a " number 2 " with a fringe at the front & at the back of my hair. I loved the music but nothing bad assosiated with skinheads..................................................................................................................................... In 1982 age 16 I was a punk, spiking my hair, wearing bondage trousers & jacket, & wearing black lippy & had my eyes done like cleopatra !!!!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------people would never belive it if they saw me now ! ha ha !*********** elaine x *************

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Jul 2004 19:10

hi elaine plain 15 year old had to wear white socks and lace up shoes how i pulled i'll never know. pregnant at 16 and in maternity clothes for the next 10 years. at 38yrs went gothic. now 42 year old nanny the mini skirts went last year, if i lose the weight i'll put them back on but i've had fun lol sandra

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Jul 2004 19:27

I loved quadrophenia ! I was also into new romantics, frilly shirts ect & Adam ant ( he's sooooo old now ! ) I also loved 2 tone....The Specials/selecter ect. When I was 14 I had these 2 tone trousers which were about 4 inches short of my loafers. My friends mum used to crack up at the sight......but you had to show off your socks !! Elaine x

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 21 Jul 2004 21:07

Hey Linda - me too. Ennough mascara to coat the Forth Bridge - wonder the eyelashes didnt fall out. I thought I was rather trndy (but classy you understand) with geometric designed dresses, lacey tights, etc. Do you remember those plastic flower ear-rings? Jacqui

Julie

Julie Report 21 Jul 2004 21:18

Was into Duran Duran, so had the frilly shirts and ra-ra skirts!! Can I join the club Gorgeous????? Julie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 21 Jul 2004 21:19

Linda - we might have shared the 60's but as I was born in 1946 I was ever so slightly in front of you - still have the plastic flower ear rings if you need to borrow them. I told you I was considered "cool" in the 60's - the epitomy of elegance, when all of my £12.00 a week wages went on clothes, make up etc. You were but a mere babe in arms - lol They do say if you can remember the 60's you werent really part of it - well, all I remember are the clothes! Jacqui

Sue

Sue Report 22 Jul 2004 08:56

Me too Dee! Didn't we look gorgeous! My grandchildren can't believe it's me in the photos! Those were the days! Sue

Fairy

Fairy Report 22 Jul 2004 09:25

I was a 'mod' with a shared scooter, Lambretta I think. We used to meet the Rockers at Brighton which caused trouble of course. Jo.