General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Classical Joy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 23 Jul 2004 22:50

I bought a Readers Digest compilation of classical music called Reflections, what a joy, i've had them playing all night whilst doing some family research and reading through the messages, this is the first time i have taken an interest, it's so calming and restful, what have i been missing all these years, Anyone else feel the same ? David

Fairy

Fairy Report 23 Jul 2004 23:01

Yes, it takes you somewhere else dos'nt it? Jo.

Lynda

Lynda Report 23 Jul 2004 23:08

David Yes I know what you mean, I do like classical music, but have never really listened to or enjoyed the chello, have always found it a bit depressing. A few weeks ago I was drawn by some lovely music into WHS and there was a guy called Dave Loew playing the chello and also promoting his CDs (2) Safari In Classic, he was from Rhodesia. I was totally hooked and bought both CDs (lamb to the slaughter maybe) but just love his interpretation of some popular classics and the way he has incorperated the african feel into some of the tracks. Happy listening David, its good to see you are feeling more positive. Lynda xxx

David

David Report 23 Jul 2004 23:22

Hi Judith & Lynda Yes i am feeling better about life now, i,ve got to get on with it,( hope it lasts ), just wish i'd discovered this classical stuff a few months ago, good for helping with sleep i'll bet, Thanks David