General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which season do you like most?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 24 Jul 2004 16:49

I expect most people will say summer. But I think Spring, as everything is so fresh and green then. Sylvia

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 24 Jul 2004 16:59

I do love Spring cos it tells me Summer SHOULD be on it's way and i am a hot house person,and i HATE winter ugh those horrible dark nights ,wind,rain ,and cold. Chrissy.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 24 Jul 2004 17:12

I like Sping cos everything is fresh and green, but I also like Summer (when we get one, which should be long, lazy days, sitting out until 11.00 pm in a balmy evening) - Autumn is ok, because the leaves look lovely (and also it's my birthday) and Winter is magical (christmas, lights, tinsel, presents, snow etc) I suppose I'm a girl for all seasons! We should just be grateful we can appreciate all that nature has to give us, no matter what. Jacqui

syljo

syljo Report 24 Jul 2004 17:40

It seems most people like Spring, awaiting in anticipation of a long hot summer. Well we've missed out this year. We had a thick mist in the week, just like Autumn. I think somebody ought to tell our Maker that he forgot summer this year. Maybe he too is getting absent minded!! Sylvia

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Jul 2004 22:50

like margaret i have to say i like them all, i like a change, otherwise it would get boring! chris.

syljo

syljo Report 24 Jul 2004 22:59

Yes Di, when you don't have 4 seasons it is dull. I lived for six years with just 2 seasons - wet and dry. You could smell the rain coming to settle the 6 months of dust. I think this summer enough dust has been settled. Anyway we've a good weekend ahead of us, according to the forecaster. We're going to take advantage and take a picnic out.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jul 2004 23:38

The great thing about England is that you usually have at least 3 different seasons a week! I have often come home and walked through the front door straight to the kitchen at the back of the house and found a completely different weather system!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 25 Jul 2004 00:29

I've always loved the Autumn. I adore the colours. Viv

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 25 Jul 2004 08:11

I like fall the best. The changing colours and the "smell" of the season - woodsy, earthy. It's funny I just had this conversation with my neighbour tonight. We are in a heat wave here right now, mid to high 30's celsius. Too hot for me. Roll on autumn

Fairy

Fairy Report 25 Jul 2004 09:10

I love the russet colours of Autumn when it's much cooler. My birthdays in september so maybe that's why. The spring is welcoming as I can see all the new plants growing that I have nutured during the winter. Jo.

badger

badger Report 25 Jul 2004 09:12

I prefere the winter when i can sit in the tynemouth car park ,in the car and watch the waves in a heavy sea break on the side of the lighthouse and roll right over the pier, i,m looking for a big storm this coming winter so that i can get a good photo to use as a screensaver for my puter.the one i have at the moment is of the top of snowdon,but i cheated ,and used the railway to get to the top.Fred.

syljo

syljo Report 25 Jul 2004 16:09

My birthday is in January, but I don't like the cold at all.

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jul 2004 03:40

I like September so is that late summer or autumn? It is still warm but not hot.

Winifred

Winifred Report 30 Jul 2004 16:41

I love the winter, especially when you get those crisp cold dry days. Its just what you need to wake you up in the mornings. I like all the seasons, but there is something very cosy about Winter, like dark nights and coal fires.

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 16:48

love the winter because where i live in southsea you get some really freak storms which can be quite frightening but facsinating.just shows what nature can do.

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Jul 2004 17:19

I hate winter, the days are so short, dull, rainy and miserable. The only time it was lovely is when we lived in Belgium. It was Christmas eve and I had the log fire going, the candels were lit and carols were playing. All our grown up kids were with us and someone noticed the snow falling and we all stood together watching it, it was magic. Jo.