General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIG BLANK FROM THE OTHER SIDE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flossie

Flossie Report 24 Jul 2004 16:50

As you all know I went to see a clairvoyant on Thurs with a list of all our questions in my bag and not one person came thru. I think our ancestors are having a laugh at our expense and are enjoying watching us get frustrated when we get stuck on someone. If it was that easy we wouldnt have each other now would we!!

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Jul 2004 17:22

hi gillian never mind, [i am a believer] this'll cheer you up or not!!!! i've been hunting 2 brothers asked for 1891 lookups nosign of them, went to bed had a dream and low and behold they were on the otherside. following morning there they were in australia found over 40 descendants so far in 2 days. lol happy hunting sandra

Flossie

Flossie Report 24 Jul 2004 17:36

I also had a dream a while back about a mystery I had on my tree. In my dream I heard a voice saying "he married the sister" and low and behold (to cut a long story short) I cleared up the mystery!! I wish it would happen with this massive brick wall ive got on my husbands side.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Jul 2004 20:40

gillian what a shame your rellies didnt come through for you,they could have helped even if it was only to say" haha where not giving too much info for you, cos you wouldnt need to go on GC/GR " and we would have missed you if your rellies had give all the info you needed, thanks for taking all those questions with you. sue

Flossie

Flossie Report 24 Jul 2004 21:28

list of questions still in my bag will sleep with them by my bed tonight and see if i can dream any answers up. im not giving up that easy.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 24 Jul 2004 22:23

Gillian, thank you for giving us the chance to get some answers. Did they provide you with a tape recording? When my mum visited someone once, she was given a tape. And several months later a couple of things that were mentioned had actually come true. Hope you at least had fun trying.

Flossie

Flossie Report 25 Jul 2004 22:03

Big Blank on the dreaming as well but I am sure one day!!!

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 26 Jul 2004 00:44

awww it was worth a try anyway gillian.....even if only in fun!! Hope you still had a good reading anyway!! Jill x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 26 Jul 2004 09:29

gillian oh well!!! i suppose i'll just have to go on hunting.lol hes out there somewhere...but where!!!! susie

Janet

Janet Report 26 Jul 2004 10:02

Thanks for trying Gillian. Perhaps there was so many of us all the rellies ended up having a big fight as to who was to come through first and they knocked each other out in the scramble. After all they can't all be that mean as to want us struggling .......... can they? Janet