General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thank you jude for meet up at droitwich

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jen

Jen Report 24 Jul 2004 18:57

i would like to thank jude for arranging the meet up at droitwich i really enjoyed it was worth the travelling whens the next one lol oops daphne i wish to thank you too will do it here instead of an email if it wasnt for you dont think we would of got there

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jul 2004 19:38

yes Jude, thanks for arranging it, it was a great afternoon and, as Terri said, lovely to meet everyone. good to meet you and Ray Terri too. the only trouble is, it cost me £30 as we never can resist spending money on plants etc at Webbs. I have to say a public thank you to Webbs too, that is twice we have met there and they really let us get on with it. hope everyone got home OK. Some pictures to see on my Tribal pages http//www(.)tribalpages(.)com/tribes/tonyslady and the guest password is Holly. Ann Glos

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 24 Jul 2004 19:59

i want to add my thanks to jude too it was a good time i enjoyed it so did hubby :-)) only got lost once on the way home....lol

Bob

Bob Report 25 Jul 2004 00:11

Now I am even more sorry I missed it Bob

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 25 Jul 2004 11:28

Jen, Would love to see your pics as would like to have come to the get together but couldn't. IE couldn't seem to find your site, even with the brackets removed!! Hope you can help me!! Glad you all had a good time. Maggie

Jen

Jen Report 25 Jul 2004 11:42

maggie ive not got a site :-( but i will see what i can do once ive downloaded them on to my pc may be you can email me then i can email them to you but wont be till later on this evening.

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 25 Jul 2004 12:09

ooops Jen - I meant ANN didn't I!! Senior moment - and me not even the wrong side of 50 yet - sad or wot!!!!!!! Would love to see your pics - will mail you!! Thanks, Maggie

Jen

Jen Report 25 Jul 2004 12:11

mags thats ok lol was a bit confused

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 25 Jul 2004 12:34

hi the ady for anns site will work if u out the : after the htttp bit lou

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 25 Jul 2004 12:53

Lou, Thanks for that - worked a treat!! Maggie

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 25 Jul 2004 14:55

Just to add my thanks to Jude for arranging meet-up, it was good to put faces to names, and a really nice place to meet! Thanks Again, Sheila xx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 25 Jul 2004 16:14

hi sheila maggie whereabouts in leicester r u ?

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 25 Jul 2004 17:14

Lou, Cloudy Houghton on the Hill!! How about you? Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2004 22:09

Hello - we've just got home from Droitwich,(well it was about 8.30pm) don't panic anyone we were'nt lost, we stayed in Halesowen with son!!! Thank you all for coming, it was really lovely to meet you all.There was really nothing to arrange -you all did it between yourselves. Terri you and Ray are just as l imagined,such a lovely,genuine couple and very funny:o) Terri you are also so very talented and you really aught to print your stories,even put them on audio tape and get someone to type them - ANYTHING woman!! just try and get them published!!!!!! Lickle Jen - you have'nt grown have you, but you have lost weight and l forgot to mention it, sorry!!! you looked really well.It was great to see you again - you up for Cardiff??Great things are better with your daughter as well:o) Lou - you were how l expected as well,quiet, reliable, and very genuine:o) And your Chris,it was so nice to meet you too. Do hope your arm gets better soon:o) Sheila - it was lovely to meet you and your husband, did'nt know what to expect cause l had'nt really spoken to you before - its quite nerve racking to travel a distance to meet people you've never met before, but everyone is so genuine and friendly it made it so much easier.(am l waffling again??) Grandpa Jim - you must be feeling so proud of yourself, welldone:o) Great to see you again and good luck with your coming op.As Ann said you do look better for being weed free!!:o) Daphne - thank you for collecting the rag-a-muffins from the station.Sorry l did'nt really get to chat to you,we'll have to catch up in Gloucester or you and Ann come here or sumfin.Lovely to see you again:o) Ann & Tony - Guess what?? Its a good thing we did'nt get any of that wood, we would'nt have got it home,cause we had to bring back a metal hanging rail - never mind,there is a nice garden centre 5 mins from us which has a good sale/off cut etc section.We bought 3 pieces of trellis total cost £11, which would have been more than double.Ann - did he make you sit in the boot????Great to see you both again:o) Willum - hope you are feeling ok, you disapeared, one minute you were next to me the next you had gone:o(( It was lovely to see you again as well. Do take care,l'm worried about you now:o( Terri - l must just say this to Ray - Ray l really hope you had a good dinner today, l was so gobsmacked to hear that Terri does'nt feed you very often!!! The look on your face when you read the menu and realised it was REAL FOOD and you could have some!!!!!!!! lol lol lol :o) Loads of love to you all, till the next time - CARDIFF sounds good idea,then l can look in IKEA:o) Jude s wales xx

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 26 Jul 2004 15:02

Jen, Thanks for the pictures. What a happy bunch you look!! Maggie

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 26 Jul 2004 17:08

jude :-)) maggie mountsorrel

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2004 18:59

Lou :o))) Jen - l am playing with photo's now and will then put some on She's site,have you put some of yours on there?? Jude s wales

Jen

Jen Report 26 Jul 2004 19:35

jude no ive sent them to mags and daphne though im no good at sending pictures off that kodak program got to figure it out lol