General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Race For Life - wish me luck! - I did it!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Jul 2004 22:10

I am doing the Race For Life tomorrow, at Holme Pierrepoint in Nottingham...dressed as Wonderwoman! I look a right wotsit in my outfit, and I haven't raised very much in sponsorship but every little helps! Thankfully there's a group of us doing it together, all dressed up, so I won't look silly all on my own! Anyone else done it yet? I'm doing it in memory of my nana who battled cancer for 20 odd years - she can look down and have a good giggle at me :o))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 24 Jul 2004 22:14

Good luck Sara - have a great day - your Nana would be very proud of you. Chrissie

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Jul 2004 22:32

Sarah, good luck and have a great day. chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jul 2004 23:35

Sarah All the best. Helen

badger

badger Report 25 Jul 2004 09:18

Good luck Sarah,have a lovely day and do yourself proud ,i lost my mum to cancer after a long fight ,and think she will be watching too, along with many more .Bless all of you taking part all over the country.Fred.

Jean

Jean Report 25 Jul 2004 10:12

good luck wonder woman jean

Sarah

Sarah Report 26 Jul 2004 21:00

Well I did it! My knees hurt so much by the time I finished, and my ankle was swollen all evening - the joys of arthritis - but I felt so proud to be a part of it. There were (I think) 7000 of us taking part, and my daughter has asked if she can do it with me next year :o)) Thank you everyone for your goodwill messages - I would urge everyone to have a go next time...there were runners, walkers, people in wheelchairs, toddlers, grandma's - my partner took some pics so when I get them onto the puter I will post them so you can see the sheer number of people involved! I didn't realise quite how big it would be, and it was an amazing feeling to be part of it all! Sarah

Christine2

Christine2 Report 26 Jul 2004 21:02

Well done Sarah - Chrissie

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 26 Jul 2004 21:03

Well done Wonderwoman!!! Sheila xx

Melinda

Melinda Report 26 Jul 2004 21:03

well done sarah, we knew you would do it, hope you're feeling better soon congratulations. luv melinda

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jul 2004 21:33

Congrats in taking part Sarah. I took part in it a few months ago, it was such an emotional day seeing everyone taking part for the same reason. Well done once again. Karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2004 22:12

Congratulations! You deserve a Radox bath!

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 26 Jul 2004 22:19

well done sarah!!!!!!!!!

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 26 Jul 2004 22:26

Well done Sarah - what a good girl you are! You must feel very proud of yourself, and rightly so. Last year my friend and her twin daughters took part (didnt run, but walked as both girls had been treated for breast cancer) My friend said it was one of the most moving spectacles she had ever seen, or participated in. She (and I) had planned to walk this year, but unfortunately neither girl could take part as their cancers have reoccurred and both are now quite seriously ill. Perhaps next year, god willing.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 26 Jul 2004 23:11

well done sarah,i cant run for a bus now. sue

Lindy

Lindy Report 27 Jul 2004 02:29

Well Done Sarah! Be proud of yourself! Lindy;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Jul 2004 07:09

Well done Sarah. I hope the weather was kinder to you than it was here the previous weekend, when my daughter took part at Folkestone. There were still lots of smiles though, even when they were all drenched. Seeing so many people doing something for the same cause made one realise how many lives are touched by cancer and how much still needs to be done to combat it. Congratulations on taking part and finishing!

June

June Report 27 Jul 2004 08:59

Well done Sarah

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jul 2004 09:04

Well done Sarah what an achievement, I can't run for the bus without my knees hurting.