General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who (Sorry Veggies amongst us) likes pork cracklin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Jul 2004 16:59

I'm afraid I am a piggy myself when it comes to the crackling, have lost many a filling during the crunching process! (;-))

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 25 Jul 2004 17:01

I love it also, but unfortunately am on a sort of diet, so not really allowed any at the moment. However, as soon as I lose 2 stone the first thing I am going to have is some pork crackling!! Do you rub a literal amount of salt into the cut skin before roasting? ooooooh lovely grub.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 25 Jul 2004 17:03

ugh

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Jul 2004 17:05

Jacquie Sorry your unable to indulge at the moment! hope it won't be too long before all those juices are running down your chin!! Yep, rub salt all over it, I don't even mind if it's chewy either.

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Jul 2004 17:06

Liz, Val You don't know what your missing!!! (;-)))

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 25 Jul 2004 17:08

double ugh cant stand it ugh ugh

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 25 Jul 2004 17:08

I'll keep you to that - and I agree, the chewier the better - lasts for ages, doesn't it? Some years ago there was a wonderful pork butchers near to where I worked, and one of my male colleagues would sometimes nip out and buy a bag of pork crackling from the shop - he and I would then "pig" out (if you'll pardon the expression). Jacqui

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 25 Jul 2004 17:19

Yuck yuck yuck, and that is just for the pork never mind the crackling. Christine

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 25 Jul 2004 17:20

Don't mind the pork - its the ugh ugh crackling

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2004 17:26

Love crackling and even the crunchy skin from a roast chicken, yum!!

Mags

Mags Report 25 Jul 2004 18:02

It's girt lush !!! Magsx

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 25 Jul 2004 18:16

Lynda I'm with you darlinkkkkkk I love the stuff and in fact a nice big fat porky piggy is in the oven as I type *YUMMY* Much happiness Debi

Andy

Andy Report 25 Jul 2004 19:21

yes, both pork crackling and pork scratchings!

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Jul 2004 19:30

My Porky Pig is just about ready, and there is lots of lovely crackling. Yum can't wait!

Bob

Bob Report 25 Jul 2004 20:00

Is it me or do any of you lot have trouble getting the skin to crisp up? We went out to a pub lunch today and even they didn't have crisp crackling.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 25 Jul 2004 20:05

they probably dont rub the skin with salt, and then salt it again before the take it out of the oven - perhaps it comes already cooked, and they just slice and reheat? If the skin is not crisp and crackly then I cannot bear it - in fact I cant bear to read any more about pork crackling, my tums rumbling! Jacqui