General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please send in the rain

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuzyQ

SuzyQ Report 26 Jul 2004 05:29

I don't want the heat, we get enough of that in our summer, what I would like is some rain. We haven't seen a drop since March. Our water is brought in my tanker as we rely solely on rain water. The grass is burnt and dry. the farmers are really suffering. Perhaps you could all have a get together and do a rain dance for us. I am in South East Queensland.

Jean

Jean Report 26 Jul 2004 07:49

thinking of you susan, we have had adreary start to our summer rain dull and dreary apart from the odd day of sun hope you get your wish shortly best wishes jean

badger

badger Report 26 Jul 2004 08:26

I had an e/mail off rellie,s in Brisbane last week ,with the same message ,so it looks as though a lot ,if not all of aus are suffering too, weve had that much rain so far this year that i reckon ,if we all did a rain dance ,and jumped up and down at the same time the island would sink lolFred.

Christine

Christine Report 26 Jul 2004 11:22

hello susan we have the complete opposite down here in victoria it's freezing and here were i am we have had above the average rainfall wishing the sun would come out to thaw us out chris

SuzyQ

SuzyQ Report 26 Jul 2004 11:26

Thanks for the support LoL It's 8.30pm and i am still sitting in shorts and it's winter. The clouds came today, but went again. Send some of the snow please. Susan

Philip

Philip Report 26 Jul 2004 14:03

Hello Susan Fond memories of a wonderful visit to Brisbane and SE Queensland in July 2001 (I nearly said summer, as it was great summer weather by our standards! lol!). Understand your dilemma over rain. Have a look at my latest addition to the southwesterners thread, too long to repeat here, re a prog I've been watching on global warming and its knock-on effects. An additional comment, which I forgot to include, is that a further effect of the stopping of the Gulf Stream or conveyor, is that some parts of the world (and they particularly mentioned Central America, but there are likely to be others) will become much drier and hotter. In the case of Central America, the forest will die off and be replaced by grassland savannah. Don't know what effects in OZ, but you're fairly separate from other landmasses, although experiencing your own problems with the reduction in the ozone layer over the southern hemisphere. Sorry not to sound more cheerful, Philip