General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEED HELP ON CHRISTMAS STAR!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Josephine in OZ.

Josephine in OZ. Report 26 Jul 2004 06:15

Here in OZ, we are having Christmas in July. I was sorting through some old boxes of decorations and came across a 3d star that I made (decades ago) it originated from the Victorian craft days. It is made up of cardboard cut in to 60 diamond shape pieces and then covered in Christmas material, you then sew 5 of these peices together at a time and when you fit it all together you have a lovely solid 3d star. You could even give it a light coat of laquer to seal it from dust etc. What I cannot remember is how I fitted it and does anyone know what the Victorian name of this star is, I have searched the internet with no luck at all. Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me???? Jo from OZ.

SuzyQ

SuzyQ Report 26 Jul 2004 06:33

Sorry Jo, I can't help, but it sounds really nice. Where are you. I am at the back of the gold coast near beaudesert. Susan

badger

badger Report 26 Jul 2004 08:34

Try [victorian christmas decorations] into your search engine, i just have ,and you may find what you are looking for Margaret,your cecoration sounds special .Fred.