General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I WANT !!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Jul 2004 13:04

All I want is a joiner. And can I get one????? Have they all dissapered into the ether along with my rellies? Is a really simple job that needs doing. The space under the stairs to be made into a cupboard with shelves for my books, and an alcove likewise. Ive tried the yellow pages and the local paper, we had one guy come round and measure up for the job, but he never called back with a price, when I called him back he was apologetic and said oops sorry I forgot to get back to you, I'll work it out and call back, Im still waiting..... Is it a job that isnt worth their time and effort? What they dont seem to realise is that once that job is done I also want a range of pine wardrobes fitting in my bedroom. Surely that is a job worth doing for them. Im fed up. Disappointed of Doncaster

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 26 Jul 2004 13:06

Annoying. Very. Have you asked friends or neighbours if they have had anybody round and how good they are? It might be better getting a reccomendation. Liz

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 26 Jul 2004 13:07

hi margaret ive GOT ONE!!!!!!!! lol hes called my hubby. susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2004 13:10

Margaret, joiners, plasterers, plumbers - I've had lots of difficulty. I think I shall persuade my sons not to go to university, but to become qualified handymen! My mum has a brilliant handyman - he never advertises as he has jobs lined up forever by word of mouth - he can plumb, do electrical work, decorate, simple carpentry. His wife also knitted some jumpers for me when my boys were born. But he doesn't live anywhere near you! H.

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 26 Jul 2004 13:11

Know what you mean Margaret. We have had 4 people come to give us a quote for putting a fence up in our garden. Not one has come back to us, and I'm blowed if we will chase them up!! Also want a builder to rebuild our chimney - not a huge job I know, but nobody is interested :-( Need it done to stop getting smoked out in the winter when the wind blows in the wrong direction. Also to stop sparrows falling down the chimney into our lounge. Not easy to try and get them out the house again, and soot goes everywhere as you can imagine!! Where are the great British tradesmen? Obviously not where we live!!!!!!!!! Pauline