General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How about this for a mouthful?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 00:11

I was just searching the marriage index on Ancestry for a relative of my husband's when I came across this lady: Arbuthnote, Charlotte Letitia Caroline Gertrude . Imagine all the fun she'd have with today's form-filling! Helen

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jul 2004 00:36

lol!

Philip

Philip Report 27 Jul 2004 09:58

Helen, sounds like a member of the Royal Family! lol! Philip

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Jul 2004 10:08

and i thought mine was bad lol sandra

Geoff

Geoff Report 27 Jul 2004 10:22

How's this lot? They are real!!!! Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Dora Cleopatra Maria Lorenza Nee Deorell TOLLEMACHE Wife M Female 34 St Helens, Jersey, Channel Islands Mabel H.E.H.B.B.E.V de L. de ...lana TOLLEMACHE Daur Female 9 South Witham, Lincoln, England Lyenessa Tollemache TOLLEMACHE Daur Female 7 S Witham, Lincoln, England Lyulph G.C.N.E.L.J.H.E.S.E. Plantajenet TOLLEMACHE Son Male 4 S Witham, Lincoln, England Lyuna Degina TOLLEMACHE Daur Female 2 S Witham, Lincoln, England Leo Quintus Tollemache Tollomache TOLLEMACHE Son Male 1 S Witham, Lincoln, England Annie Mayard BRADSHAW Governess U Female 18 Mansfield, Nottingham, England Governess (Teacher) Elizabeth LONGFORD Cook U Female 23 Preston Hesham Barracks, Lancashire, England Cook Domestic Servant Christabella Ranshaw ALLEN Nursemaid U Female 16 Nottingham, Nottingham, England Nursemaid Domestic Servant -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Census Place South Witham, Lincoln, England Family History Library Film 1341769 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 3228 / 52 Page Number 10 By Googling I found young Lyulph's full name:- Lyulph Ydwallo Odin Nestor Egbert Lyonel Toedmag Hugh Erchenwyne Saxon Esa Cromwell Orma Nevill Dysart Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache. (1876-1961) Something about the Tollemache-Tollemaches here http://www.zip.*com.au/~lnbdds/home/lyonelthesecond.htm

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 13:07

Geoff Yes, but was he an international playboy??!! Tollemache family were part of the Tolly Cobbold brewing company, i think Lord Cobbold runs Knebworth now.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2004 13:08

Geoff Yes, but was he an international playboy??!! Tollemache family were part of the Tolly Cobbold brewing company, i think Lord Cobbold runs Knebworth now.

Geoff

Geoff Report 27 Jul 2004 13:20

Helen He sure looks like one to me http://www.zip.*com.au/~lnbdds/home/images12/lyulph.jpg Apparently he moved to New Zealand and started a dynasty over there. The "Tollemach-Tollemache" bit arises from the fact that his father married a cousin.

Philip

Philip Report 27 Jul 2004 13:55

Hello Geoff, I understand the logic of the double barrel in this case, although it still sounds a load of bunkum! If I were to do that with my granparents, who were 3rd cousins, and add in my mother's maiden name for good measure, it would sound something like this: Philip Russell Pughe-Morgan Pugh Paton Russell-Martin. As I said, bunkum! lol! Philip (RPM-P-P-R-M kola!)