General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IF YOU SEE A HUGE DUST CLOUD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Jul 2004 14:12

ITS ME!!!! i have my dad's electric sander, done 2 walls, 2 to go, i look like i have bad dandruff, or a snow storm has hit, the dog is sitting in the garden with the hump. Oh well better brave the next two lol sandra

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 27 Jul 2004 14:29

when we moved into our house we had artex on the walls going up the stairs my husband in his wisdom sanded of because the previous occupent had gloss paited it so we couldnt soak it off,so we tapped every door way of the stairs so to keep it tidy,put it this way that was 12 years ago we still have it in the loft i mean it was everywhere.i think i would rather move than remove artex horrible stuff. good luck with yours anyway karen

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Jul 2004 17:11

hi thanks for the replies, i did wear a mask, it was a big operation. i've hoovered and wiped the surfaces and managed to paint 3 walls, before collapsing in the bath. how does anyone do that for a living. Its a nightmare. still i didn't do a bad job if i say so myself. lol sandra

Fairy

Fairy Report 27 Jul 2004 21:49

Sandra, What on earth are you up to now, sanding down walls? I always work on a tuesday and realise how much I've missed during the day. Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Jul 2004 10:23

hi jo I know i must be mad, but i won't give in to the pain, and intend to try and carry on doing the things i usually do,even if its taken me twice as long, i will admit i did have to take my morphine pills last night, and had to watch tv in bed, but its all good fun. lol sandra