General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 27 Jul 2004 16:39

Following a confusing mail from my best mate - were the above band named after an incident when Ken Dodd shot his dad's dog? or were they just named because it sounded funny? this is a useless bit of trivia I'd normally know the answer too and its annoying me that I don't.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 16:57

I didnt realise that Ken Dodd had shot his dad's dog dead! When was that please? do the RSPCA know about it? Jacqui

Zoe

Zoe Report 27 Jul 2004 16:59

Jacqui this is my dilemma - I'm not sure if my pal is winding me up or not. He usually confesses within minutes but today he's very persistent Zoe

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 17:04

Logically Ken Dodd must be approaching 70, so his dad if still alive he would be in his 90's - quite unlikely he would still have a dog (unless its a guide dog). If Mr Dodd Snr is dead then he would have no need for a dog - however, perhaps Ken put the dog out of his misery when Mr Dodd Snr died? If that's the case then Diddy's Doddy's Daddy's Dog is definitely dead. sorry never heard of the band actually - I am 57 after all! Jacqui

Jan

Jan Report 27 Jul 2004 19:09

A pub quiz team going by this name have just won a major competition at the National Arena (I think) in front of Chris Tarrant and are going to be entered in the Guinness book of records. I only know cos it was in our local paper and the father of my daughter's friend was in it!

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 19:47

But surely Judith, the dog might have outlived the owner - and if that was the case then Ken might well have decided to despatch the dog, rather than keep buying tins of Lassie, or Pedigree Chum - we all know what a tight arse Ken Dodd is - wouldnt give anyone the skin off his rice pudding! lol Jacqui

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 29 Jul 2004 08:30

Sorry - didnt mean to offend anyone with a 92 year old dad (or mum) who still walks his dog - gosh, I just hope I can walk my dog when I'm that age - you have to admit though, it's pretty unusual! Jacqui

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 29 Jul 2004 09:32

look the band up on google and find out how they got the name

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 29 Jul 2004 09:41

Well gosh darn that no good doggone son of gundog's donegone gone an gotten gunned down gosh darn

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 29 Jul 2004 09:42

lol dave the tyke very good you made me laugh

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 29 Jul 2004 09:55

it has tickled me up !!! well done judith