General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

teenage daughter update!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 Jul 2004 16:44

A while ago i put up thread about troubles with my teenage daughter, she went to stay with my mum then disappeard to her dads without my knowledge.Since she went to stay with her dad she got into trouble with school and was on the verge of being expelled, her dad and i went into school to sort the matter out she was told off by the teachers for her attitude towards me etc, but i got the brunt of everything off my daughter which was very hurtful and untrue she never said anything about her dad till she got in the car.After that i decieded not to contact her and leave her to it, low and behold a few weeks later she e-mailed me not saying much but at the end said LOVE YOU LOADS i was over the moon with that.Late last week i found my daughter was back at mums , her dad and wife had split up she could of stayed but wanted to be at her nans ( i want her home). I went to see my daughter on saturday with her sister we have not talked about what has gone on as i dont want any arguments.we went out for dinner on sunday and today she took her little sister out ,so even though she is not with me yet, we are making progress hopefuly.If she is happy to stay with her Nanna thats ok with me. sorry its long. Tracy

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Jul 2004 17:15

hi tracy i'm glad things are sorting themselves out, teenagers are hard work sometimes, and it takes alot for them to admit their wrong. At least she has a loving family that are supporting her, and sometimes its best to not keep going over the past. Hopefully she will decide to come home soon, take care sandra

Jen

Jen Report 27 Jul 2004 17:53

tracy thats great news ive emailed you direct

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 Jul 2004 19:36

hi all thank you all for your kind words and support, i have been a bit quite on this board for a few weeks as i been feeling very tired and down in the dumps. Things are looking up (fingers crossed) i dont think she will come home, she knows she can any time, she only at my mums which is only a 10 minute walk away. As long as she is happy and not far from me thats fine with me , she knows i love her . THANKS TO YOU ALL LOVE AND BIG HUGS Tracy xxxxx

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 27 Jul 2004 20:00

Hi Tracey when our youngest daughter was 16 she had a row with her dad and left home . She didn't move far away and I kept in contact with her. This went on for a few months until one day she came and asked could she return home . but she had no intention of apologising to dad because she felt that she was not in the wrong in the first place The row had been about something trivial and I had told my husband that all that she had done was to prove that she was stronger willed than he was. and that if she came home he had to apologise She did return home and stayed there until she decided to get married when she was 19. We had misgivings about the marriage and it actually lasted a lot longer than we thought it would She is divorced now and has a decent job, home and teenage children . A few weeks ago she said how did you put up with my behaviour I must have been a right horrror bags to which we agreed I hope everything works out between you and your daughter Love Bren