General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

men who needs them

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 28 Jul 2004 09:58

i woke up this morning hubby had gone to work kids are still in bed i thought nice one 9yrs of marriage and no cuppa tea but i thought i will get up there will be acard and guess what no card i rang him at 9am to wish him happy anniversary ,well he is about to take me out for ameal and i have decided i will have the most expensive meal on the menu and let him think he is ona promise then come home with the biggest headache that will teach him to forget (hehe) sorry if anyone gets offened by anything i said on this kylie

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Jul 2004 10:12

never mind kylie happy anniversary, enjoy your meal, and you never know that bunch of flowers might be on their way, don't be to harsh, remember men can only do one thing at a time lol sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2004 10:21

Kylie I have been with my man for 27 years now and I have to say that if he is typical, then men have NO IDEA. When we got married about six months before our first wedding anniversary I remarked that it was Fruit & Flowers and I would love some flowers. I kept remarking this quite unsubtly for ages. If someone had done that to me I would have thought it was nagging and that they were insulting me my thinking I'd need reminding. Come our anniversary, I went to answer the doorbell and I couldn't see the florist for the huge bouquet she was holding. "Darling" I called out "Your mother's sent us some flowers". Imagine my amazement when I read the card which he had handwritten, which meant a) he had ordered the flowers b) he had taken time off work to go into the florists and write the card himself I was really touched and told him so. "Make the most of it" he growled "I won't do it again". He has, but he is not, never has been, never will be a romantic. H.

John

John Report 28 Jul 2004 11:40

Bon anniversaire Kylie! Not a very nice start to your day then. How's the new car? Do you mind a quote: "my hubby is one in a million for our wedding annivesary which is next wedensday the 28th my husband has bought me the most unbelievable gift a new Car!!!!!!! a vectra i love him so much he means everything to me despite all my moaning i have done about him he is the best now how do i top that what do i get him ?any ideas guys please help" What did you get him in the end? John ;O)

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 28 Jul 2004 12:04

last year was our 25th anniversay inside my card was the words mr manterfield loves mrs manterfield. i was gobsmacked to say the least.lol that is the first time hes ever written anything like that.its usually ..to my wife from your hubby it will get better kylie lol susie

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 28 Jul 2004 15:05

hi john i got him a gold braclet and i know i got a car but hay flowers would of been nice today but hay as teh woman have said men can only think and do one thing at a time

Anne

Anne Report 28 Jul 2004 15:19

Happy Anniversary Kylie. Maybe he's only pretending to forget and he's got you a big prezzie, but I'd have a headache anyway. lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2004 15:26

Happy Anniversary Kylie. We have spent 2 wonderful holidays in Perth, my sister lives in Westminster. We have spent 60 years together, our Anniversary was June First . Don't worry about things It's still fun to make up mistakes, after all no one is perfect,except perhaps me, a poor downtrodden Male. LOL Have Fun Jim & Mary C.