General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do you think of......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 28 Jul 2004 20:00

Has anyone ever come across witches who cast spells on people?

syljo

syljo Report 28 Jul 2004 20:06

Not exactly a witch, but in Nigeria when we were taking photos and one particular woman didn't want us to do so, she put a curse on our camera. When the reel of photos was developed this was the only photo which didn't come out. We know by the sequence that this was the particular photo. Weird. I don't believe in spells, but..............

Fee

Fee Report 28 Jul 2004 20:11

Thats interesting Sylvia,I ask because I have come across a witch and I find the whole subject interesting.

Bob

Bob Report 28 Jul 2004 20:14

In Sierra Leone where I grew up the Witch Doctors (usually male) had such a hold over their people that if they told someone that they would die then they probably would,

syljo

syljo Report 28 Jul 2004 20:17

Yes Bob, it was a bit like that in Nigeria too. The big chief of the village also had such a hold on his people. Uncanny. Sylvia

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Jul 2004 20:18

I take an intrest in the paranormal and in this case the woman believed that the camera captures part of her soul. One story i can tell you briefly is this: A couple on holiday got into trouble with a man who was staying the same hotel. He said he would put a curse on them etc etc. One night, the couple were asleep in bed when the wife thought she saw the man they had been arguing with take a picture of her husband in thier room. She put this down to a dream as the door was locked. Next day, her husband is rushed to hospital and no apparent reason is found for the pain. Later on when cleaners are cleaning out the mysterous man's room, they find a picture of the husband which had been tampered with, in the places where the man had experiened the pain. What do you make of that.

David

David Report 28 Jul 2004 20:28

Not far from were i live their is a coven of white witches, my father saw them once in the local woods they decorate a tree with ribbons and stuff has been going on for years, they did a tree again this year, no one knows who they are but we all like to guess, bit weird, but as far as i know there harmless, aaaaaaaaaaaag David

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Jul 2004 20:29

I think you will find they are the evil Morris Dancers!