General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help for a novice!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2004 22:37

Hi I have just started my search and would be grateful for any help re starting a search in the USA and Sweden. My parents are American, I was born there but we have lived in the UK since 1953. Mum's relations British, so no problem there. It is my father who is the problem - his family are Swedish/American, so I although I can get his info, I will need to investigate the Swedish connection within a generation or two. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks Pam Irwin

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2004 22:46

Pam Start with his birth certificate which will give his place of birth and his parents' names (hopefully) and then work back from there. Helen

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 28 Jul 2004 23:03

Hi Pamela I've just done a GOOGLE search and this site came up: www(.)rootsweb(.)com/~wgsweden/ Another site has a forum for weden which could prove useful: genforum(.)genealogy(.)com/sweden/ Cyndist list overs up links all over the world and most online genealogists would be lost without her web site: www(.)cyndislist(.)com/sweden.htm Remove all brackets from url address. These should kick start your research Much happiness Debi

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2004 23:24

Thanks for the help. Pam