General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why are people so rude "what do i do"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 29 Jul 2004 10:05

my hubbys best friend his brother moved out to perth at xmas and i only met him a handful of times when we lived in the uk but he came stayed with us for 4 weeks and we helped get his own place made him feel welcome had him at all the family gatherings he came to my familys at xmas and easter (they had never met him but still opened their homes to him)and now he has his girlfriend living here we ask them over they say we are chilling cant come sorry this has been for few weeks now he has caused me and my sister to fall out at the moment we cant see each other talking for the next 10yrs of what he has done and my husband thought he had amate in him and he is hurt why do people have to be such horrible selfish people im so mad ive told my hubby i wanna ring and tell him how mad iam but he says to leave it what do you think?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2004 10:11

I wouldn't ring if I were you. Yes he is being thoughtless (you don't say how old he is) and hurtful to his brother. But if you ring and tell him off it could cause a permanent rift. You maybe could ring and ask how long they want on their own and will they then come and see you because his brother misses seeing him. But don't do it until you are les angry. Ann Glos

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 29 Jul 2004 10:17

its not my hubby brother its my hubby best mates little brother who is 28yrs old so not akid so thats what makes me so mad that s why i wanna ring cos it was family i wouldnt but got nothing to loose have i

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 Jul 2004 10:18

HI KYLIE i would just leave it at the moment, its not worth causing more of a rift. If he has just moved into his own place and has a girlfriend on the scene, he's probably just finding his feet. Y ou can remember what its like, finishing work and wanting to only spend time with your partner, and chilling out, getting a new home how you want it. sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day, when you settle somewhere new. Give it a couple of months and then invite them over again. take care sandra

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 29 Jul 2004 10:19

Hi Kylie I'd leave it too. This couple are indulging themselves. It's not clear in your message - but if they have been apart for sometime they'll just want to be together. Some of us can take a longer break from our loved ones others can't. Also bear in mind Australia is a big new place with lots of new friends to find, places to go etc. I moved to a new country four yrs ago and had a friend who was already there ( funnily enough she was from Perth and I was from the UK ) I know I neglected her for a while whilst I found my feet. Give them a wee while and then call in on them as a family, show there is no hard feelings etc. Then your hubby will get to see his pal and things may get back to normal for you all. Much happiness Debi P.S I agree though they are being selfish - but then some people are like that aren't they.