General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

10000 step a day!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2004 12:43

Anyone trying to do the 10000 steps a day recommended to help with you fitness level? It is about 5 miles but it is surprising how many you walk around the shops etc. I keep my pedometer on all day and it all adds up. I manage about 7000 usually, today i walked the long way to the shops, in a two mile stretch i only saw three people walking, two of those were elderly gentlemen just walking in their road. Everyone else visiting shops, library etc were in their cars!! My pedometer is showing over 8000 already today so I am feeling virtuous. I did over 10000 yesterday. It is supposed to help weight loss too. Ann Glos

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 29 Jul 2004 12:48

Ann, i love walking and not being a driver have to most of the time anyway. Yesterday i took 6 kids(not all mine) and a dog for a 4mile round trip through the woods. I was knackered but felt great. We dont always get the chance to have such long walks though which is a pity. Today I'm being lazy and the furthest ive walked so far is to the garden to hang the washing out but the kids are begging me to take them out again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2004 14:05

Sheila, My walk was not quite as idyllic, an urban walk round the village but it is lovely this time of year looking at all the gardens, people take such an interest in their gardens these days and the flowers and perfumes are lovely. We too like to walk as a hobby but, other than our Lake District holiday, don't seem to have found time lately. Ann Glos