General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Calling 80's Fans!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2004 13:35

Hi All, Was I the only one to be horrified at the sight of Nik Heyward from Haircut 100 on The Weakest Link last night?? I grew up in the 80's and remember him as being just a tad of a Sex God and was mortified to see he'd turned into an Austin Powers lookalike! Saying that, he was a wonderful person and had me in stitches he was so funny! And Martin Fry from ABC seemed to have aged around 50 years! I feel so old! Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2004 13:48

I caught the end of it. I wa astounded when I found out who he was - they asked him to sing and he said he couldnt, and thats what gave it away ;) Martin Fry has an ace voice though doesn't he ? saw ABC supporting Robbie Williams In Milton Keynes a few years ago and they were brilliant. Shame he didn't have the gold suit on tho :)

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Jul 2004 15:33

that's what the years do to us all.i still think that everyone stills feels that age when you hear of the 80's pop stars and when you see them on television it shocks you abit.we probebly see ourselves as looking young but how do people that we haven't seen for ages see us!

Steph

Steph Report 29 Jul 2004 15:37

Saw Martin Fry on telly about two years ago, and thought he looked positively ill!!!!!Guess some of us age better than others!!!!!!!!!! Oh & Paul, don't tell me you have a gold suit hanging in your wardrobe , just waiting for the ABC revival!! Steph ;-))))))))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2004 15:42

Errr no, no gold suit... it did suit him though (groan), it as his gimmick...

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 29 Jul 2004 22:03

nick hayward 80's sex god!! lol

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 29 Jul 2004 23:15

saw the tail end of the weakest link - so thats who it was!!!! I didnt have a clue it was Nick Heyward!! lol I'm accused of still living in the 80's!! Nothing better than a good tidy up with Wham blaring away!! or getting ready for a night out listening to Banarama!! lmao Whatever happened to decent music!!?? the first concert I ever went to was the Thomson Twins!! and I had all their posters covering my bedroom wall. God I feel old now! Cant believe that some of the best years of my life were 20 years ago!!! lolol Jill x