General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feeling really annoyed!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 29 Jul 2004 17:53

Nothing seems to be going right. I keep on coming to brickwalls. Can't seemt to break them down. My nana's parents, Jacob Spengler, and Caterina Hexamer.... uncommon names not so easy to find though. There are NO good German genealogy sites!!! Ones that includes those who emigrated to England, not bloomin' America!!! I think they came from Sobernheim, Rheinland-Pfalz, but that still doesn't help. same with my other brick walls.... grrrr. Getting annoyed. Sorry for the rant. Chloe x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 29 Jul 2004 18:00

Chloe - I sympathise with your frustration! I too have German rellies, came over around 1850ish and have had no luck so far! I decided to leave that branch for a while and go to another part of my tree, but it keeps niggling me!

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 29 Jul 2004 18:09

Yes I have Lynda. Thanks for the suggestion though. It seems that if your ancestors went over to America the records are readily available practically! But if they moved closer to home, then oh no.... that'll be a nice challenge for you,.... whooppee! lol Chloe

Lynne

Lynne Report 29 Jul 2004 18:23

Chloe Any idea when they came to England and where? Someone may be able to find them on a census. Lynne

syljo

syljo Report 29 Jul 2004 18:30

Have you tried www.prieske.de Maybe Bob in Berlin can help you. I know some German, but am not perfect. Exactly what do you want to know? Sylvia

Jojo

Jojo Report 29 Jul 2004 18:32

Hi, have you tried GenCircles.There are a few Spenglers on there looking for relatives , some of them are German, maybe you have relatives there. Worth a try. Good luck. Joanne.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 29 Jul 2004 18:53

Thanks for the offer/suggestion Lynne, but I have already found them on the 1901 (all it says is that they were from Germany) They came here in May 1899. Joanne - thanks for the GenCircles stuff, will look Sylvia - thanks for the site. Chloe