General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would you do if...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jul 2004 06:47

You won the lottery! Apart from the obvious like new house, holidays, cars etc.. I certainly wouldn't get a professional researcher to trace my family history cos it would take all the fun away. In my massive house that i'd have (something with say ten bedrooms LOL! ) i would have a genealogy room and i would buy every census, trade directory, parish records, whatever i could lay my hands on and then i would invite you all to come and stay (obviously not all at once cos there's too many of ya LOL) so you could browse at your leisure!! Wouldn't that be great eh!! Tracey

Sally

Sally Report 30 Jul 2004 07:11

Tracey please please could I be first on your guest list, especially if you buy a house in Lancs, my elusive ancestors came from there and I am finding great difficulty finding self catering accomadation, that will take my 16 year old Jack Russell. Yorkshire easy but not Lancs especially in the winter. So that is my reason for wanting to be first. Best of luck tomorrow..... Numbers 6, 15, 21, 33, 44, 48. they just came out of the blue. think I might try them.

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jul 2004 07:20

Sally, Since you're the first to reply you can be first on the list!! P.S Might try those numbers too. LoL Tracey

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 09:04

Faint! I don't do the lottery! If I did - give money to a few favourite charities, give my mum an income for life,go to my husband's place of work and advise his boss where to put his job, buy a new house and pay other people to clean it/maintain it, travel the world, have weekly beauty treatments, buy a debenture at Twickenham, spend a lot more time and money tracing my family tree... Well, those are the first things I thought of. I'm sure I could do better if I had more time to think about it!