General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ATHLETICS...............and my daughter:o)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 18:36

My daughter rang the other day and said she was trying to get tickets for Crystal Palace,she could'nt (all gone) so asked a friend of a friend who works in the athletic field - l think she looks after the UK teams in all their arrangements when competing - anyway she has given my daughter and partner passes. Daughter is mad,mad,mad about athletics,used to run for Sussex and longjump etc. She collected her passes and was then given a lift to the stadium by 2 athletes (one Irish the other USA) and was in the bar right by the warm up area - she was trying so hard to whisper,but her voice was getting louder and louder "mum - oh my god Denise Lewis is walking towards me - oh no there's Darren Campbell", she's so excited. How lucky is she:o) When my two were younger we took them to Crystal Palce and other meets,also they both competed all over the country as juniors - so this is really the icing on the cake,dream come true for her - oh bless her xx Jude s wales x

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 31 Jul 2004 01:19

My son is 24 now and still runs the 400m in Canada, he also has followed every one at home and here, and gets to train with top runners, he came home the other day from work and said mum, I have been running for 13 years and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have messages from Donaven Bailey, Ben Johnson and Perdita Felicien all in one day on my phone. (Perdita is going to get gold in the 100 hurdles, watch for her), so yes I know what your daughter means. My son ran at Crystal Palace and dipped at the wrong line, he was at that point winning bless his cotton socks, but that's not what went through my mind lol. Best wishes Debbie (Canada)

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 02:29

Hi Debbie - oh bless his cotton socks!!!! How exciting for him though, good luck to him. My daughter is now 29, no running now,but plays footie with a 5-a-side mens team - mad or what!!!! lol. We will keep an eye open for Perdita (what a lovely name).Let us all know how your son does in the future:o) Jude s wales