General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i need help,in the bedroom.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 23:28

ive made enquiries,and apparently,most men suffer from this....how the hell,do you ladies manage,to put a double duvet cover,on a double duvet,in about 30secs...today,in sweltering temperatures,i fought,i kicked,in fact i got inside the bloody thing,and after about 20mins,it looked like the hunchback of notre dam,and still does...is there a secret...please tell me...cos tonite,i will have to sleep on top of it.....ive got the right hump,esmeralda. bryan.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 30 Jul 2004 23:31

Put the duvet in the cupboard, it's too hot to have a duvet on the bed! I have a King Size duvet and that takes forever as well. Viv.

Abigail

Abigail Report 30 Jul 2004 23:32

In sweltering temps why do you need the duvet? Stick it in the cupboard and just sleep under the duvet cover! Abigail Ps. There isn't a quick way but for novices try safety pinning the corners into the corners of the duvet and shaking it hard!

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 23:33

Nonsense! Give me a duvet over sheets, blankets and hospital corners anyday. You put the cover on the bed, all four corners to the bed's four corners. Get one corner of the duvet and pull it through to the top left corner, get the parallel right corner and pull through to the right top corner. Then fix the bottom corners, fasten duvet, shake et voila! Regarding fastenings, I prefer buttons to poppers. My husband never has any trouble - he leaves it to me! H.

Debbie

Debbie Report 30 Jul 2004 23:34

Oh dear it sounds as though you are in a right pickle. What I do is start of with the quilt cover on the bed then pick the quilt up and put the top left corner to the top then hold it with the left hand and gradualy work it along till you reach the right hand side. Then with it on the bed start going down the right hand side along the edge and then get hold of the top two edges and stand on the bed and shake it all down. But be careful not to let go of the top then lay it on the bed and do buttons on. Shake it nicely onto the bed. Put pyjamas on and get in. Sounds very confusing and hard work but honestly its not.

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jul 2004 23:35

LOL Bryan!! I usually turn the duvet cover inside out, then stick my hands inside to the corners then grab the corners of the duvet and shake the duvet cover over the duvet!! Simple - if it makes sense! Tracey

Flossie

Flossie Report 30 Jul 2004 23:40

Im with Tracey here. Thats the way to do it.

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 30 Jul 2004 23:41

Tracey, you beat me to it lol. It's so much easier shaking the cover onto the duvet than trying to stuff the duvet into it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 23:57

ime beginning to see the light...now i always shove it in the small opening...but if i turn it inside out,that gives me a big opening,thats logical...but what do you mean by shaking it? bryan.

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 31 Jul 2004 00:00

Same here Bryan, I always turn the cover inside out. Grab the corners furthest away from you and shake the duvet inside the cover! Try it and let us know how you go on! P.S. Why do you spell your name 2 different ways? (Nosey)Maggy

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 00:21

maggy...this is the only place where brian,is mentioned,as its on my birth certificate...at the age of 7/8,and at school,in neath,south wales..the lad sitting next to me in class,was also brian...and he had a habit of writing notes to girls,and i would get the blame...so,at that tender age,i changed my name to bryan...announced it to my class the next day...told my family,who laughed...but over 40yrs later,its part of my life. bryan.....an aries lol.

Mags

Mags Report 31 Jul 2004 05:20

Brian, If you are really finding it difficult to manage it on your own - turn duvet cover inside out as before - put your hands inside the cover right up as far as the furthest corners and grab the top two corners of the duvet (your hands should look like two glove puppets!) and pull the duvet into the cover. Still keeping hold of the duvet through the cover, throw it over the bannister rail and shake. Once you have got enough duvet in the cover to be able to hang it on the bannister without it falling down you can stand on the stairs to pull the cover right over the duvet and straighten it out. This doesn't work if you live in a flat or a bungalow lol If all else fails - invite somebody into your bedroom! Magsx

Fee

Fee Report 31 Jul 2004 08:29

Aw Brian, I hate putting duvet covers back on,sometimes it is a simple job and sometimes,it bugs me when the damn thing gets into a ball in the middle of the cover.Then I end up shaking it and moving all the dust around that I should have polished!The joys of housework.

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jul 2004 15:11

turn the duvet cover inside out,put your hands at the top corners .get the bottom corners of the duvetand with the corners of the duvet covers you are holding grab the duvet corner then flick the cover back to the right way.if that makes sense!

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 15:26

because it was so warm last night,i slept on top of the duvet,and seemed to have flattened it quite nicely. i was walking back from shopping earlier,with a neighbour,and she said it takes her about 15secs to change hers...but she also said,its something she does three times a week....i should coco....lol bryan.

Janet

Janet Report 31 Jul 2004 16:48

Bryan, The mind boggles as to what you neighbour get up to in her bed to necessitate her duvet needing to be changed 3 times a week !!!!!!! I agree with all who have said previously - turn the cover inside out. I'll always move my Teddies out of the way to make room !!!!!! Janet

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 31 Jul 2004 17:46

Glad that you have explained the name Bryan! Just like me, was christened Margaret, but didn't like it. Always tell people that my name is Maggy and started spelling it with a y at school, just to be different! Didn't realise that you had lived in Neath, my great grandad was born nearby in Briton Ferry! Maggy

Jubal

Jubal Report 31 Jul 2004 17:50

OK Chaps, think yourselves lucky, I have a super king duvet which means it's about 8 foot square! I put the top left hand corner in then the top right hand corner, then bottom left, then right. Hold the top two corners and give it a massive shake, the effect is a bit like a tidal wave! Julie in Portsmouth.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 31 Jul 2004 21:34

brian what are you like lol that woman who does it 3 times a week i bet she irons her dishcloths as well(like me) i dont think so lol