General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stress Exhaustion

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 31 Jul 2004 11:06

Have you heard of it? Its so common you wouldnt believe it.

Mags

Mags Report 31 Jul 2004 11:17

Yep - VERY definitely - in my case it led to a 3 year bout of depression. Fine now though - totally chilled now I'm not working lol Magsx

Fee

Fee Report 31 Jul 2004 11:23

I think that I may be suffering with it and I am just about seeing the light now.I know the cause and have taken steps towards eliminating the problem for good.I thought I had post natal depression but I now see that it was mostly down to the pressure and harrassment from an outside source.Thanks to my husband who made me see that this person isnt worth the worry.

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 11:26

hi fee, the doctors surgeries are full up with folks suffering from this,its the sign of the times,were living in...its even more prevelant in the states,than anywhere else in the world. bryan.

Fee

Fee Report 31 Jul 2004 11:30

Whats the way forward then with this problem,are there ways of relieving it?

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 31 Jul 2004 13:27

Hi Fee, as an M.E. sufferer, stress does make my M.E. worsre, relaxation tapes can help, meditation and yoga help enormously. Ridding your life of stress causing situations ,people, change of lifestyle and attitude. It can make you very ill, so try to get more relaxed Kathleen

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 31 Jul 2004 13:33

STRESS RELIEVER Carefully take a photo of her Stick to dartboard Throw kitchen Knives {Aim at board making sure the dont ricochet back & do you a mischief !) Take photo down (minus Knives) tear into small peices Throw down toilet Position youself daintily on top of toilet seat Do the biggest cr*p you can force out once torpeedoed flush toilet Spray large amounts of airfreshner (you have double the stink down there!! ) Flush toilet & wash your hands of this nasty excuse of a woman. Then smile ! Elaine xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 13:56

hi fee, sorry,for the delay in replying,ive just got back from a very crowded sainsbury. theres a lot can be done,to relieve anxiety/stress/depression. gentle exercise helps,fresh air,long walks...basic yoga exercises...correct breathing is essential,from the diaghram,not the chest!...breath deep to the count of four,breath out to the count of six...do this for five minutes,at least three times a day. sit down in a comfortable chair,in a quiet room,just spend a few moments feeling your breath coming in,letting it out slow as possible...think about wot you'd buy if you won the lottery,picture that beautiful cottage,in the middle of a pretty clearing,through the clearing,is a calm blue sea,can you hear it gently rippling over the rocks...imagine who you would invite to your beautiful home,sit with them in your secluded garden,can you hear wot the two/three of you are talking about...are you planning a cruise,after all,money is no object. although,this is basically daydreaming,its no different to self-hypnosis....why pay hundreds of pounds to a professional,when you can do it for nothing? BACH FLOWER ESSENCES is a system of 38 flower essences,that corrects emotional imbalances...negative emotions are replaced with the positive...i strongly reccomend the BACH RESCUE,which can be bought from large chemists,and health stores...times of extreme stress use four drops neat straight onto your tongue...but six drops in a small bottle of mineral water,carry it about,and sip liberally day or nite...100% safe/natural....for more information...www(.)bachcentre(.)com vitaminB6 complex,essential for anxiety/stress. omega3 capsules lessens the bodies overeaction to stress. there is a natural alternative to tranquilisers,which has been temporary off the british market...even prince charles,is annoyed about it..although its available to buy online,and is the best form of relief for anxiety/stress/depression....if you wish to email me,i will give you full details. nice long bath...candlelit...with a glass of wine....relaxation cds,available online...lavendar essential oil,drop on your collar,so you can breath it in. hope this helps fee...........bryan.

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jul 2004 14:44

hi feeb, am actually off with this at the moment.like one of our g.c members mentioned if you have got so much on your mind through stress at home and work the only way i can describe it is that it is like a snowball effect.if you have one problem then you can deal with that and it passes ,but if you have more then one and your getting so that you can't cope then like me it is time to see your g.p get timeoff work to revaluate the problems and try to resolve them before it becomes a problem and effects your life.

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jul 2004 15:52

feeb,just to let you know my husband has also suffered from stress and what he does every month is books himself in for a body massage.it is quite expensive but it relieves all the tension that every day life chucks at us.well worth having.