General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cute things kids say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 1 Aug 2004 00:11

Yesterday I was telling my 3 year old that he could only have a couple of sweets as they would rot his teeth and they would then fall out. With all the sweetness and innocence of a child he said 'yes, and then i would have to put cellotape on them to stick them back'. I couldn't laugh out loud as he was so serious! I'd love to hear all your cute stories Joanne

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Aug 2004 00:22

My 2 year old grand daughter calls red wine 'Granny juice' and gin 'granny water' - what does that say about me! lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Aug 2004 00:25

Maggie Quite a lot! I remember taking my sons to the local museum where they had a dressing up box. The younger son (aged about 3 then) put on a fur coat and pranced about saying "I'm Cruella De Vil". Older son used to call the mantelpiece the "malcolmpiece" after a family friend.

Mags

Mags Report 1 Aug 2004 00:28

My 3 year old grandaughter was staying over and didn't want to brush her teeth at bedtime. I told her that they would fall out if she didn't. 'That's alright Granny then I can have some like yours and keep them in that pot' Magsx

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 1 Aug 2004 00:29

My brother and I were standing at the bus stop with heavily preggers mum one summer. A little old lady looked at him and said something along the lines " My aren't you brown?" to which he replied and no offence intended in any way "That's 'cos my daddy is a N****r" He was 3 and we never caught the bus and he maywell have looked brownbut I think his bottom was very RED lol!!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Aug 2004 00:34

When my daughter was about 4 I pointed out a large crane on a building site to her. On the return journey she shouted excitedly 'I can see the big pencil'! (confused by cranes and crayons) Christine

Julie

Julie Report 1 Aug 2004 08:39

My yongest, Luke, has Ghurker children in his class and he calls them Gurglers. My eldest, Jake, used to say holyloly for ravioli. Luke used to call our brother-in-law Treasure instead of Trevor. Needless to say Trevor went to pieces. Julie PS There are many more but have slipped my mind for now, should have written them down when they were said.

Anne

Anne Report 1 Aug 2004 13:10

When my son was about 6 we were having a cuddle and he was looking intently at me, when I asked him why thinking he would say I love you mummy or such like, he said " I don't want to get all old and twinkled like you mummy" I was 36 felt like 76 ever since. lol I wish I had written all the funny things down, especially the things my grandson has said. Lynda