General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Plum Jam wow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 1 Aug 2004 16:47

Hi Had some of my home made plum jam on toast for breakfast, never was there a better more exquisite, beautifully flavoured superbly textured wonderfully spreadable, and tasty jam ever, (it was good too). David Don't Forget it's quiz night plenty of vibes my way please.

David

David Report 1 Aug 2004 17:11

Hi Lorr Well i would send you some but your so far away i don't think it would make it, but then maybe i'm just greedy. BEST of LUCK tomorrow David

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Aug 2004 17:16

David - hmmmmmm - would be nice on some freshly baked scones wouldnt it :-) hiya lorr - big hugs to you flower xx

David

David Report 1 Aug 2004 17:24

Yes Lorr they are a good crowd very friendly in this village, Hi She don't you start i had enough trouble with Fred wanting me to mess about with flour Just think of the mess,!! but then well maybe, never say never!!!! David

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Aug 2004 17:41

ime really jealous now david,perhaps i should go to one of those..grab a granny..nites,while i dance i could ask,if they can make plum jam lol.....french bread...slice cheese...layer plum jam...sounds awful,but try it! mmmm. lorraine,will email you tonite x bryan.

Jan From Bristol

Jan From Bristol Report 1 Aug 2004 17:43

I prefer marmite lol :-)

David

David Report 1 Aug 2004 17:46

OH JAN NOT MARMITE ugh. David

Jan From Bristol

Jan From Bristol Report 1 Aug 2004 17:47

Sorry David you either luv it or you hate it lol and i luv it :-)

Sprack

Sprack Report 1 Aug 2004 18:00

marmite and plum jam on toast scatty jan?, sounds good to me lol, I like jam and peanut butter anyway. david I made marrow and ginger jam once, it made lovely steamed sponge pudding.. good luck tomorrow lorr. jenny xx

Rick

Rick Report 1 Aug 2004 18:01

Mmmmmm - plum jam !! But gotta agree with Jan, marmite is better ! Rick.

badger

badger Report 1 Aug 2004 18:31

try some rhubarb and ginger next David ,my missus made me some last year ,it was lovely, we have a system now ,i do the baking as in bread and pies and the wife does the jams and pickles,it works great .Fred.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Aug 2004 18:37

David - the jam sounds lovely, next venture is: "CUSTARD SHORTBREAD" - you will need: 225 g (8 oz) Plain flour. 100g (4 oz) custard powder. 100g (4 oz) castor sugar. 225g (8 oz) butter. Have oven ready at 190 deg, 375 F or Gas mk. 5 Mix all ingredients together. Press mixture into greased 8" sandwich tin, prick with a fork and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from oven, dust with castor sugar.Allow to cool before removing from tin. AND ENJOY but DON'T EAT IT ALL YOURSELF!. Jude sarf wales

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Aug 2004 19:14

love plum jam dave keep up the good workx

David

David Report 1 Aug 2004 19:30

hi Jenny & Fred Can't stand ginger it's as bad as Marmite, Off to the quiz now catch up with you tomorrow David