General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

this has always bugged me........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 2 Aug 2004 23:17

Can anybody tell me, in The Bill, or any other police programme, when a suspect is caught, or they are giving out a description over the radio, they say "IC1 male (or IC1 female). What does this mean, I have never been able to work it out. Somebody please put me out of my misery!! Thanks, Carol.

Maureen

Maureen Report 2 Aug 2004 23:20

I think the C stands for caucasian but dont know about the rest.

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 23:24

You seem to know a little too much about the police Lynda. Hmmmmm...

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Aug 2004 23:32

And why is it in the Bill and other such programmes if they see somebody up to no good, why do they shout 'oi' at them when they are several yards away, thus giving them a head start. Wouldn't they stand a better chance of apprehending the criminal if they snook up on them taking them by surprise! lol Jeanette

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Aug 2004 23:38

Lynda, quite right, but i feel that the IC1 is usually followed by Caucasian ie white european appearance. Bob

Maureen

Maureen Report 2 Aug 2004 23:41

Lynda, how DO you know about that? Are you a secret agent?? Maureen

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 23:45

Ha ha

Mags

Mags Report 2 Aug 2004 23:51

Lynda - I have worked out why you are so clever: Police And Criminal Evidence act

Maureen

Maureen Report 2 Aug 2004 23:51

Lynda you could always tell me, then kill me!! (If you could find me)

Maureen

Maureen Report 2 Aug 2004 23:52

Mags, WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT??

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 00:05

this is a really interesting thread,so ime going to be careful,what i say,deleting as i go lol. the emergency services,are contacted via a main control room,the control room,pass on to ambulance fire,and police,in that order...so why,when a call goes through to the police,at 1am in the morning,stating that intruders are on a specific site,do they put their blues and twos on,informing the intruders,that the old bill,are on their way,so its time to scarper....you should see them at an RTA...usually on the hard shoulder,spewing up. bryan.

Mags

Mags Report 3 Aug 2004 00:14

Bryan - my daughter has a cut on her leg from climbing through a broken window in order to go to the aid of an old lady who was lying on the hall floor - table and vases on top of her - who had not responded to calls through the letter box etc. Kneeling beside her to check for a pulse - the old lady looked up and said 'Look what you've done to my bloody window!' She's had some really nasty jobs so I'm not surprised they chuck up sometimes.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 00:36

hi mags, i meant no diss respect to individual police officers,your daughter did the right thing by going through the window,i hope she asked for paramedic backup first though. when it comes to RTA'S,i really feel the police,are better used as traffic control,thats not a criticism,its just their not trained in trauma situations,thats the reason i mentioned them being sick at the roadside,its something the television companies,doing their...fly on the wall...documentaries cut out,police officers are human,just like you,and me....the sight they come across sometimes,they are not prepared for. once again mags,ime sorry,if my post annoyed you,or anyone else...it was not my intention. bryan.

Mags

Mags Report 3 Aug 2004 07:32

Bryan - of course you didn't upset me - perhaps I should have added a few lol's - I thought the old lady's comment was priceless. I do have to disagree with you about trauma training though. They do have training in emergency first aid and in depth preparation for dealing with suspicious or sudden deaths and suicides. They also have an option to attend a post mortem - optional now I believe because police presence is no longer mandatory at pm's where they are are investigating the circumstances of the death. Previously they all had to attend. Police, like everyone else, including para-medics I suspect, have a personal tolerance level when it comes to the more gruesome side of their job. I don't think that I could deal with some of the things that they have to. A uniform of any kind only protects the outside - it does nothing to protect the lunch on the inside! Magsx

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 5 Aug 2004 20:57

Thanks to all who replied, I don't have to wonder anymore!! Best wishes, Carol.