General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Special memory that a 1960's song brings back

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 4 Aug 2004 19:35

What special memory does a particular 1960's song bring back . . girlfriend . . . boyfriend . . . club . . . holiday. Everytime I hear "In The Midnight Hour" by Wilson Picket it brings back memories of a club we used to go to . . . the Kirk.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Aug 2004 20:12

Hi Brian My Dad bought my first record for me when I was about 2. It was Hold Toght by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch. Apparently I used to love it Jeanette

Mags

Mags Report 4 Aug 2004 20:22

Arthur Brown's 'Hellfire' - reminds me of a holiday in Spain with my mate Janet - disco under the hotel where we were staying and the steps down to it were lit with flaming torches. I remember standing at the top of these steps, slightly the worse for wear, arms flung wide, shouting 'I am the god of hellfire!!!' Still my favourite record of all time. lol Magsx

David

David Report 4 Aug 2004 20:37

Bridge over troubled waters, Simon and Garfunkle, it was one of my wifes favorites, I played it at her funeral, it really choked me up, the words are so meaningful. David

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 4 Aug 2004 21:23

The song that holds a special place for me, is, Something Tells Me I`m Into Something Good, by Herman and the Hermits. That was 1963,when I first met the girl, Janet,I was to later marry.

syljo

syljo Report 4 Aug 2004 21:54

Not exactly 1960s but late 1950s. The song Secret Love. My husband and I used to work at the same firm and didn't want anybody to know we were going out together, but everybody used to sing Secret Love when I came near them. Sylvia

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 4 Aug 2004 22:00

the sun aint going to shine anymore walker bros scot was a tasty bit of trousers

Sue

Sue Report 5 Aug 2004 17:01

Mama Cass - Dream a Little Dream of Me. A special song for me from a special fella! A long long time ago, but it still brings tears to my eyes! Sue