General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Wedding - Results

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Aug 2004 07:58

Sorry for leaving you all in suspence on the result but I couldn't get on line before I went away!! So the big day arrives.... I'm stressing as there is still so much to do!! I get back home about 11am and find the Mother not there.... true to form she was busy getting herself ready and didn't turn up until 2.15pm to help her daughter get ready for a 3pm wedding!! Saying that her and her family were fantastic and I couldn't fault the reception I got from them. I also sent her a text saying thank you and she sent one back saying she was grateful for all I had done in her absence..... so she's not all bad!! ;o) The only blip on the day was my husband's cousin decided she was going to call him a C%%% and when I told her that even if she was thinking it she shouldn't have verbalised it on that particular day, she call me a cheap common sl$t.... which was amusing as my dress would have cost more than her whole families outfits.... that's me being bitchy there but hey!! But it was a blip we could have done without, but hey it's not a wedding unless someone gets so drunk they lose their dignity..... just so pleased it wasn't me!! ;o) So thanks everyone for your support on the build up to the dreading, I mean wedding, it's all over now and all is as it should be!! ;o)

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Aug 2004 08:11

HI I am so pleased for you that it all went ok, its sounds like the day was almost perfect. you did a good job and your stepdaughter hubby and family should be proud of you. sandra

Mags

Mags Report 5 Aug 2004 08:34

Soooo glad that everything went off ok. Nice one about your outfit ! Magsxx

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 5 Aug 2004 08:43

Pleased to hear it all went well! Hope the photo's are good. You can relax now and look back on it all with pride- Well done! Linda x

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 5 Aug 2004 09:28

Congrats to you 2nd wife for being cool calm and collected for when it counted. everyone stresses before the day , its part of the ritual imagining all the things that could go wrong. So pleased you all had a wonderful day - now it's time for YOU, pamper and spoil yourself you soooooooooo deserve it : ) Much happiness Debi

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2004 09:32

See, things are never as bad as we dread! But I know why my husband and I had a v. quiet wedding with only immediate family and told none of our friends till we sent them postcards from our honeymoon! (We did have a party when we got back and invited them). Helen

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 5 Aug 2004 10:06

Hi there Glad all went well - Will Email soon Liz

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Aug 2004 10:08

I too had a very quiet wedding, in fact it was a secret until 30 minutes before the event..... our friends and family got told it was a charity do they were coming to!! :O) But yes you are right, it's over now, I've just had a week in Cuba and ready to really start living again!! :O) Thanks again everyone. Love DIANA (aka The 2nd Wife)

Felicity

Felicity Report 5 Aug 2004 16:40

I'm so glad to hear that all went well. As you say, most weddings have at least one blip and it's wonderful that it wasn't the blip you were dreading. Here's to the future!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Aug 2004 17:16

i bet the cousin feels a right idiot now.i always say if you can't handle your booze don't drink.glad it went o.k.