General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Black hair/blonde hair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 5 Aug 2004 09:55

Have you realised that in all the warm countries the men/women have originally dark hair - Africa, Italy, Spain etc., but in the colder countries Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Holland, mostly Blonde If wonder if the Lord had a reason for this? Mind you these days with so much integration there are a lot of mixed hair colours, not to mention hair dyes. If you have black hair you will probably have grey hairs showing earlier, or perhaps you cannot see them so easily in blonde hair!!!! Sylvia

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2004 10:39

Sylvia Dark hair has more melanin in it and is to protect from the sun. I guess Innuit peoples have dark hair so you can spot them in the snow!

Valice in

Valice in Report 5 Aug 2004 11:57

so where does Auburn and ginger fit in?

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2004 12:05

Found this by googling "Hair colour" Black hair results from eumelanin, while red and brown hair owe their hue to a lighter form, called pheomelanin. But no-one yet knows the molecular secret of blonde hair. "It's one thing to restore pigment formation to a greying follicle, but quite another to modify the pigment," says Hoffman. "So it's not yet a replacement for the peroxide blonde." Once hair colour genes are discovered, it might be possible for people treated with them to switch them on and off whenever they want with hair creams that activate or turn off the genes. Helen

syljo

syljo Report 5 Aug 2004 20:35

I wonder if I shall live long enough to know the answers to these questions. Quite strange in warm/hot countries only dark hair. Sylvia

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 5 Aug 2004 20:41

Not always true about, dark hair - more grey. I am dark haired and very little grey and nearly the big 50. I have got spanish ancestry, so bang on about hot countries etc etc.

syljo

syljo Report 5 Aug 2004 21:11

Who has ever seen a blonde Chinese or Japanese?

chezzy

chezzy Report 5 Aug 2004 22:23

slyvia ive had every hair colour(nearly)all naturally..was born blonde and continued til i was 8/9 when it went light brown for 3yrs then went dark brown and finally an auburn colour like my mum has been all her life.my eyes are usually brown in winter but change to greeny grey in summer?? am i strange or does any one else do this??

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Aug 2004 22:26

Cherie - you're strange! lol. Only kidding. How fantastic to have a summer look and a winter look Jeanette

Keith

Keith Report 5 Aug 2004 22:29

Hi Helen. Google has killed off more promising conversations than enough. LOL Keith