General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Moan, moan, groan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 8 Aug 2004 08:57

For heavens sake don't moan about the hot weather. Only a couple of weeks ago you were all moaning about the rain and storms. Just enjoy the beautiful weather and relax, do nothing, like me!! Sylvia

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 Aug 2004 09:30

not easy to do nothing wen you have to work.........

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 8 Aug 2004 11:48

Not easy when you have to run around serving customers who are ratty cos its hot, heavy lifting and no air con work work work :)

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 8 Aug 2004 12:06

Not easy when you work in a kitchen, serving elderly people, who, dare I say, moan about being too hot! (and everything else that we try to do for them). Maggy

syljo

syljo Report 8 Aug 2004 15:24

As I said, you can't please all the people all of the time. Of course it is difficult when you have to work. Well done in this heat, especially when you have such miserable people to work with. Try to sing when they moan. Sylvia

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Aug 2004 16:05

Just got back from Birmingham where it was very hot and sticky and the evening air was loaded with midges, l am now covered in red dots - some large and very, very soar, very swallen ankles and l stink of TCP - l HATE THE HOT WEATHER!!!! lol lol As you say we can't please everyone (but then l don't like it too cold either - some where just abit more than in between would be lovely all the yr round!!) jude sarf wales (just going to have another shower,cause l sting so much):o((((((

syljo

syljo Report 8 Aug 2004 20:47

My sympathies to all those who have to work on such hot, humid days. You should ask for a bonus, just like they get a bonus in the winter for working when it's too cold!! Just a thought! Sylvia