General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lovely week-end

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 8 Aug 2004 16:38

Hi , just had to you all that I've just spent a wonderful week-end camping. Just 10 mins away from where I live. The family have some land on a small rural estate called Kits Coty and we spent the days soaking up the sun, and the evenings drinking and gazing at the stars. I saw my 1st shooting star and my son, Jake found a glow worm!!! Hope everyone else had a lovely week-end. Julie

Gillian

Gillian Report 8 Aug 2004 16:42

Julie how lovely to hear you had a great weekend sometimes we forget the small important things in life and its nice that your teaching your son these values also hopefull you will have many more happy week ends xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Aug 2004 18:09

julie its sounds great, i often sit in the garden looking at the stars glad you had a great weekend lol sandra

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Aug 2004 18:36

julie i too have just spent the week end camping. we have a touring caravan and try to go away every other weekend,weather permitting lol we keep it sited at weymouth during the summer and bring it home for the winter months i love the feeling of freedom,no worries or cares in the world we spent last nite walking along the seafront it was lovely susie

Julie

Julie Report 8 Aug 2004 18:45

The land has been in the family since 1946 when my grandad wanted to build, he was never granted palnning permission as it is green-belt land. The sad thing is that people have built all around our plot and we can't. We're hoping that the laws will change and that eventually someone can build there. I would love it to be me as it looks over the Downs. The sunsets are beautiful. Julie