General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Geography info please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dedrah

Dedrah Report 9 Aug 2004 07:40

Can anyone from Staffs let me know how close Leek and Horten are please? Thanks Dee

Crista

Crista Report 9 Aug 2004 07:44

Dee, Search for Leek here. http://www.multimap*com/ It's about 2 miles. Crista

Dedrah

Dedrah Report 9 Aug 2004 18:16

what I really wanted to know was if someones birth was registered in Leek could the have been born in Horton.

John

John Report 9 Aug 2004 18:58

Yes. I got info from FreeBMD site. Leek Created 1st July 1837. Sub-districts : Biddulph; Leek; Leek Frith; Longnor; Norton. GRO volumes : XVII (1837-51); 6b (1852-1930). Alstonfield (1837-69), Bagnal (from 1897), Biddulph (from 1893), Bradnop and Cawdry, Butterton, Endon and Stanley, Fawfieldhead, Grindon, Heathylee, Heaton, Hollinsclough, Horton, Leek, Leek Frith, Longnor, Longsdon, Lowe, Norton in the Moors, Onecote, Quarnford, Rudyard, Rushton James, Rushton Spencer, Sheen, Smallthorne, Tittesworth, Warslow and Elkestones, Wetton (1837-69). Registers now divided between Staffordshire Moorlands and Stoke on Trent districts.

Dedrah

Dedrah Report 10 Aug 2004 19:42

Thanks a lot every one I think that solves my problem with my Abraham Shufflebottom