General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OAP's Car Park Rage.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Aug 2004 14:49

I had to go to the doctors this morning and behind the surgery is a very small car park. There is no where else in the area you can park. I drove in and saw one space, at the same time there was a red car in a corner trying to move. The next thing I know the red car driver has sent his wife out to 'guard' the space. I went up to her and asked what the problem was. She said 'He wants this space', I said, 'He's already parked', she said, I know, but he's worried about getting trapped in the corner'. I then said, 'we all know where the people are who might be in the way, so all he has to do is ask them to move'. Anyway I went into the space, then walked over to the red car to apologise and say I did'nt have any choice. He's in his car shaking his fists at me calling me a bitch and a cow, then he stuck his fingers up at me. I'm sorry to say I lost my rag and bashed his side window with my handbag and shouted back. I have never seen such a bad tempered 70 year old before. I thought one mellowed as one aged. Jo.

syljo

syljo Report 10 Aug 2004 14:55

Must be the weather. or change of life. It's terrible the way some old people get ratty. Mind you they may have always been like that. I try to ignore people who are rude. Sylvia

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Aug 2004 14:58

they always say that the young are bad mannered and rude but the o.a.p's are getting just like them.he couldn't be much of a gent to speak to a women like that's a right 'victor meldrew'

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Aug 2004 15:02

jo i can see it now lmao , it sounds so funny when written down, though not at the time. I can see the headlines now, 'bloodpressure is up' Elderly bad tempered old git, bursts a blood vessell, after lady swipes his car with her handbag. lol sandra

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 Aug 2004 15:03

What do you think causes all this aggression nowdays? I wonder if it's anything to do with food additives as, when they change the diets of unrully children to fresh food their behaviour often improves. With the odd exception, until recent years, I'm sure people used to be kinder and more thoughtful to each other. Any thoughts? Chrissie p.s. Oh dear, I think I'm beginning to sound like my Mum used to!!!!!!!!!LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2004 16:24

it might just be..mad car desease..even the nicest people can turn into monsters once they sit in their car..weve recently had commercials from ..the london ambulance service..asking people to move over,when an ambulance is on an emergency call....i remember one occasion,when i had to get other drivers to actually pick up a ford fiesta,which was blocking my way..the driver in his 70s said,i pay my road tax,why should i move over,your probably just going for a tea break anyway. bryan.

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Aug 2004 17:04

Thanks for your replies. Sandra you obvisouly have a great sense of humour and it does seem funny now. But whilst I was in the waiting room I was wondering if he'd had a heart attack in his car as he had'nt appeared and I would be responsible becuase I'm shamed to say I'd lost it as well when I bashed his window with my handbag. Jo.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Aug 2004 17:08

Joanne - I would probably have hit him round the head with my handbag! Of the few 'rude' people I've come across recently, most of them have been of the older generation, and as for some elderly drivers..... well, don't get me started! :-)) Nobody on GC of course!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 10 Aug 2004 17:23

LOL...from my experiences, it seems that OAPs (and I mean no disrespect to any of them)...... think they have a god-given right that EVERYone else must make exceptions for them and bow to their every whim just because they're old. Like when they turn up at a queue and expect people to just stand back and make way for them........no matter HOW long you been standing in the queue!! I've no objection to giving up my seat on public transport etc, or letting someone with a couple of items go before me in a shop, but some of them really take liberties! Hope we all remember these words of ours when we reach that stage in life LOl, but no doubt we'll be the same....lol ;)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 Aug 2004 17:39

I'm with Baz, it's all ages and all sexes. When I told my Husband Graham it reminded him about the time that he saw a Nursing Sister (in uniform) standing in front of a large van (complete with very large man) shouting and thumping the front of it. He started to edge forward so she moved to the side of it and started kicking it. Then he wound down the window, so she brought her arm back and gave him a hefty swipe. We would love to know what he had done as Graham didn't see the start of it, but the thought always makes him smile :))))) Chrissie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 10 Aug 2004 18:26

Jo sorry but that image of you hitting the car with your handbag had me chuckling.can you imagine if he had wound his window down just as your handbag hit the window.COR what a shock he would have got.I agree with Anne and I work with elderly people and before this job I worked in a supermarket,there was one elderly woman that used to jump the queue,she made out she would miss her bus,so one day I followed her out of the shop and the cheeky blighter went into the cafe for her dinner so after that we all made her wait her turn in the queue. Sue

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 10 Aug 2004 18:52

Jean The amount of elderly that buy bottles of spirits at the supermarket and then moan about not having enough pension to live on is astounding and these poor pensioners can go to bingo 2 or 3 times a week or to the working mans club.really learnt a lot working in a supermarket. Sue

Speedy

Speedy Report 10 Aug 2004 18:57

One day my youngest son was standing in a que to pay for his goods, an elderly woman pushed in front of him, when he pointed out (politly) that he was in the que, she turned on him and said he had no manors!!! his reply was:- with the likes of you to teach us is it any wonder, practice what you preach!!!! needless to say he had a pat on the head for shutting her up and reminding her that you get what you give

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Aug 2004 22:29

lmao it sounds so funny tho i know id have either stood laughing at him or reacted like you, he wasnt visiting the doctor then. or did he from shock of handbag coming at him, maybe his wife should do that more often he may just calm down then.