General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

more humour

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 10:37

New words

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 10:39

NEW WORDS WE HAVE LEARNT THIS YEAR TESTICULATING Waving your arms around and talking B***cks. BLAMESTORMING. Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible. SEAGULL MANAGER. A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves. ASSMOSIS. The process by which people seem to absorb success and advancement by sucking up to the boss rather than working hard. SALMON DAY. The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die. CUBE FARM. An office filled with cubicles. PRAIRIE DOGGING. When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see that's going on. (This also applies to applause from a promotion because there may be cake.) MOUSE POTATO. The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato. SITCOM. Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What yuppies turn into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids or start a "home business". STRESS PUPPY. A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE. The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again. ADMINISPHERE. The rarefied organisational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the "adminisphere" are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve.This is often affiliated with the dreaded "administrivia" needless paperwork and processes. 404. Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested document could not be located. OHNOSECOND That minuscule fraction of time in which you realise that you've just made a BIG mistake (e.g. you've hit 'reply all')

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 11:03

Paul Very true!

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Aug 2004 12:01

nice one paul, lol sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Aug 2004 13:36

paul i am definetly the stress puppyx

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Aug 2004 13:38

Hi Paul My husbands always testiculating! lol Jeanette PS. Love the new name!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 15:03

Lisa... well, I didn't like to say ;)

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Aug 2004 15:38

which one are you then.lets see if you pick the same one as me.x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 15:41

I frequently have Salmon Days.

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Aug 2004 15:41

not the same as mine xxxx