General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bad luck,kama or jinxed?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 14:48

I read the threads and sometimes have replied to a few but never started one, so here goes. Why do these things kepp happening to us? 2000 Hubby contracted endocarditis (infection of the heart lining) they discovered he had a congenital heart defect, part of the heart valve was missing, the infection ate the rest. he was in hospital 8 weeks on IV antibiotics, during this time he suffered a stroke (he was 38) this affected his vision and the DVLA took away his driving licence 2001 Hubby has open heart surgery to replace the damaged valve, he will be on warfarin (blood thinning drug) for life. we have to move house so he can cycle to work. 2003 Hubby gets knocked off bike on way to work....twice, whilst in cycle lane, lights on, reflective jacket etc. 2004 Hubby breaks leg in accident at work, now home for 6 weeks! His family think i have hired and inept hitman for the life insurance My family think he knew what he was doing when he married a nurse what do you lot think?

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 14:51

Bev, I'm afraid these things in life do tend to come in waves like this... I think I led a charmed life till a few years ago but since then life's been hell for me nd my family, one major trauma after another... so you (and your husband !) have my sympathies... nou know what they say though.. what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Paul

Melinda

Melinda Report 13 Aug 2004 14:59

just extremely bad luck, i think lets hope it changes for the better soon, best wishes melinda

Daniel

Daniel Report 13 Aug 2004 15:02

Sorry to hear about the terrible things your husband and yourself have had to face. Things probaly won't get better today being Friday the 13th but tommorow i hope things start going well for you. Best Wishes from eveyone here.

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 15:04

thanks paul,melinda,terry Daniel i'm not letting him out of my sight today lol

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 15:11

lorr, mal told me the good news, i'm so glad for you. hubby is only half of it, if i told you what was going on with the kids you would wonder why i have not been committed and understand why i drink so much lol Bev

Lynda

Lynda Report 13 Aug 2004 15:19

Beverly I don't think you are Jinxed or that Karma comes into it. Like all of us I think you are experiencing a run of bloomin bad luck, all I can wish for you is that things settle down and your luck changes for the better. Lynda xx

Jane

Jane Report 13 Aug 2004 15:49

I suppose we all go through times when bad things keep happening. I thought I was until I read this! So sorry to hear of all your husband's health/accident problems. But when you're down at the bottom the only way is up! Jane

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Aug 2004 15:52

beverly i think bad luck follows people around my friend had the same bad luck as you and your family.take care lisax

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 16:17

oh dear lisa, i hope that this run of bad luck has found someone else to stalk!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2004 16:31

Tough times never last, tough people do! I had a rather grim time when my first baby was 3 months old - my mother-in-law was acutely ill in hospital and given 6 months to live (she actually managed 2 years), father-in-law also critically ill at the same time, husband had a growth in his ear which needed laser treatment, elderly great-aunt was in very anxious state because of all this and was phoning a lot and I was trying to calm her down while breastfeeding baby and wondering what was happening at the hospital. Now I look back and wonder how we got through all of it. Still, the good thing is that you are now due a prolonged spell of prosperity and happiness. Nell

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 16:35

how did you get through it nell? hubby is only part of the problem, things are not exactly running smoothly with the kids either, sometimes wonder how i cope, i hope you are right about being in for prosperity and happiness

Bev

Bev Report 13 Aug 2004 18:57

Les thankyou so much, but i think if i start to cry i might never stop. I hold everything in cos thats what everyone expects 'bev can cope' but bev can't always cope but if she cracks then what???? but i will take your advice about reserving some time for just me, god knows i need it, thankyou again for your consideration Bev

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 13 Aug 2004 19:22

Bev, Sorry to hear about your `misfortune`with hubby, I bet his nickname is `lucky`,,,,,Sorry. Hope everything works out OK with him. Give him my best. Baz. xx

David

David Report 13 Aug 2004 20:05

Hi Beverley You have taken the right step by talking about your troubles here, everyone is so supportive and kind,( as i found when i was at a very low point in my life) it gives you such a lift knowing you have so many people rooting for you and your family. I also send my best wishes for better times David

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Aug 2004 20:11

hi bev my oh my, your poor hubby, he certainly has been through the mill. I always say that only the good suffer as we are strong enough to take what life throws at us. and still come out on top. best wishes to you both and i really hope he has no more mishaps. lol sandra