General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cheeky

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 15 Aug 2004 22:17

Some cheeky wotsit has installed himself or herself on my hotmail address and i can't delete them until they delete me, ok so they can't send me messages as they are blocked so why don't they clear off!! Chrissy.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Aug 2004 22:25

Chrissy, do you mean on GR contacts list, emails or messenger? Mandy :)

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 15 Aug 2004 22:33

Sorry Mandy i should have put messenger ,only 4 people have my hotmail address don't use it often. Chrissy.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Aug 2004 22:37

Ah, all is clear now!! It never ceases to amaze me what daft things people will do - why put themselves on your messenger list when you don't want to chat with them? It's like that thread that was on earlier about someone putting people on their tree who weren't properly related .... why????? Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Aug 2004 22:49

Not sure how someone can "install themselves" on your messenger list without you accepting their request, as is the normal practice. Surely if you want to remove that person from your messenger list you can simply delete them (and choose to block at the same time - that way they can't see when you're online). Paul

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 15 Aug 2004 22:52

for them to have got on ur contacts list on msn you must have added them or they added you and you had to agree to it

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 16 Aug 2004 07:47

NO i have not agreed to having them on my contact list and neither did i add them, as i said only 4 people have my hotmail address and i know they wouldn't divulge it that address is used for a specific purpose but will be changed shortly. Chrissy.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 09:27

Chrissy. if we're talking MSN messenger - then simply BLOCK/DELETE - and they're gone. Simple.