General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

flood in cornwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Aug 2004 18:46

Is anyone from Cornwall, there is a serious flood in Boscastle. Rescuers are on the scene.....Elaine x

Bob

Bob Report 16 Aug 2004 18:50

Yesterday was the 52nd aniversary of the Lynton and Lynmouth flood disaster Bob

Bev

Bev Report 16 Aug 2004 18:51

oh my God how spooky is that i do hope no one is hurt luckily i am in somerset Bev

Sandra

Sandra Report 16 Aug 2004 18:54

hi elaine i've just seen it on the news, its horrendous, i do feel for all those that are in the midst of it, some places are under 10ft water, sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Aug 2004 19:57

global warming that's all i can say.xxxx

Trish

Trish Report 16 Aug 2004 20:03

makes the few inches of water on our High Street seem petty. Those poor people

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 21:36

Missed the news - is Polperro safe?? Especially the pub 'The Three Pilchards' who do lovely grub.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2004 22:36

It is North Cornwall, Boscastle and Tintagel area. i don't remember anyone on the boards being from the area. It looks horrendous, a real repeat of Lynton and Lynemouth. It must be terrifying if you live there or are on holiday there. Ann Glos