General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A GREAT BIG SORRY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 17 Aug 2004 14:08

We have all complained about people not replying to our E-mails. WELLLLLLL, I have just seen my messages on this new updated site and found quite a few sent to me which I never received asking me for information. May I say I would NEVER willingly not reply even if there was no connection. I think that to ignore an E-mail is very bad manners. So to all who sent me an E-mail and had no reply may I say I am truly sorry but I genuinly did not receive them. Pat

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Aug 2004 14:19

don't worry pat easily donex

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Aug 2004 16:13

Pat, I'm SOOOO glad you posted this thread!! I've just looked in my message box and I too have loads of emails that I haven't seen before - I can't believe it! I will now have to spend some time trawling through them. My apologies too if I've failed to reply to an email. Mandy :(

Anna

Anna Report 17 Aug 2004 16:26

Over the last week or so,none of the messages ive been sent have got to my inbox,I only know ive had mails when I look in my contacts on here! Ive mailed GC last week about this but i havent had a reply Anna :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Aug 2004 16:27

I don't know if this will make a difference, but as I was trawling through and seeing all these unknown names, it suddenly occurred to me that the names are listed with our 'maiden' or 'birth' names, not the name we necessarily go under for GR! So although you might not recognise 'Susan Smith' for example, you may know her as 'Susan from London'. Does this make sense??!!! Mandy :)

valinkent

valinkent Report 17 Aug 2004 17:01

Yes me as well ,have a long list that i did not receive via e-mail .Will have to go through them one at a time and send appologies .Still it works both ways perhaps will get some replies from people who i contacted ,hope so anyway . Val

syljo

syljo Report 17 Aug 2004 17:06

Would I dare say that maybe GR have made some mistakes. They are after all in their teething stage!!! There seem to be too many of you with strange contacts. Sylvia

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Aug 2004 17:10

Has Mandy from Somerset got the answer do you think? Whereas before the contacts all showed the names we were familiar with, now they show the names that people joined under. Ann Glos

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 18 Aug 2004 08:29

This is rather selfish of me but I'm glad that I am not the only one to have this experience. I have egg all over my face for saying how rude people are not to answer, have been really "I am more holier than thou" so serves me right. Although what happened to all our missing messages, does GR have a black hole where some lie in limbo? One good thing though I will take more care to check any contacts or messages here. Hope some of you have positive contacts now. Pat

Irene

Irene Report 18 Aug 2004 08:42

Boy am I pleased I'm not the only one. Began to think I was going crazy, or something worse. Repied to the messages then we find I have already sent information. This morning I had two messages I sent last night to the same person (only sent one), it doesn't show who to. Think I will give it a miss for a while. Irene