General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW LAYOUT FOR YOUR NAMES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 Aug 2004 20:02

Has anyone looked at the new layout for your surnames summary, when I clicked on one of the new surnames to bring the list up of other people that is researching that name,Clicked on the box to find out who was looking for this certain name and it's brilliant,it gives all the info date when born and where,on some people even when they died on who they are looking for and the persons name and membership number. IT'S GREAT,HAVE A LOOK. Sue

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 17 Aug 2004 21:43

sue thanks for that byeeeeee

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Aug 2004 21:47

Hi Sue, help please! I clicked on 'Name Summary' but couldn't find what you were talking about. It's getting a bit late at night for me, so I'm probably being thick, but could you do it step by step please? Many thanks! Mandy :))

Lucky

Lucky Report 17 Aug 2004 21:49

Me too Mandy, Seems the same as it was before. Diane

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Aug 2004 21:52

I just found it, and it's good just click where it says number of new names and then click on the envelope next to the person you are interested in, it tells you everything. Just realised that we can tell what membership number someone is but not our own.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 17 Aug 2004 21:52

I can't do it either Mandy.. ~:0)

Lucky

Lucky Report 17 Aug 2004 21:54

Got it!! Definately better. One improvement definately for the better. Diane

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Aug 2004 21:55

Oh wow - got it! Thanks Debbie, and Sue for posting this. That looks great, can waste plenty of time browsing now lol! Mandy :)