General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SITE UPGRADE VERSUS PERFORMANCE??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Aug 2004 23:19

Apart from the general gripes this evening about the new site format ie., text sizes; colours etc, Is it just me or have the message boards inparticular slowed down?? I am on broadband, and the response times seem extremely sluggish tonight when posting messages and switching between the boards :(

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 17 Aug 2004 23:21

I too thought the site was slow tonight, but it seemed ok late this afternoon. Sue

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Aug 2004 23:23

Not working as fast as last night.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Aug 2004 23:29

Glad it's not just me then :) Thank god I got rid of dial up - think the pc would have gone out the window by now LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Aug 2004 23:56

anne,not only am i on dial-up,but my pc is seven years old,and ime still on windows 95 lol...but its good cos i click on page,make a cup of coffee,and hey presto,its there waiting for me lol. bryan.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Aug 2004 17:50

Bryan - I know exactly wot you mean LOL!!! Not only have I upgraded to broadband, but have also installed a new computer - the processor runs at supersonic speed - I dont get time to do anything away from the pc now lol.......like you say, I could click - go put the kettle on - visit the ladies room - check pc (still thinking about it) - make tea and sit down just in time for the screen to pop up!! Disappointed to note tho that response is still as slow this afternoon/eve as yesterday :(

Angela

Angela Report 18 Aug 2004 20:39

Its slow, unwieldy, clumsy, and the colour scheme is difficult for those of us with eyesight problems. Its especially frustrating trying to view contacts' trees and lists of their relatives (haven't figured out how to do the latter yet - if it is still possible). Am trying to keep an open mind, and have given feedback, but I have to say that on experience up to now I am not a fan and if things don't improve can't see myself spending much time on here. Angela

valinkent

valinkent Report 18 Aug 2004 20:41

Ann i thought it was just my computor really slow on here . Val

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 18 Aug 2004 21:29

We'll look into the site running slow. We did make some improvements to speed things up yesterday but we'll look at this again. The 'view relations' for other member's tree should be back up tomorrow. Thanks for your comments, Michelle

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Aug 2004 21:56

Thanks Michelle I found it fine when it restarted, but it has seemed very slow this evening. Nell

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Aug 2004 22:02

Michelle - thank you for taking note. I was just coming back to send my feedback direct after searching through the 'TTF' boards - it really is frustratingly slow - I'm almost convinced a gremlin has converted me back onto 'dial up'!!

Tracey

Tracey Report 18 Aug 2004 22:22

I Think my computer thinks its gone back to dial up, I managed to watch most of the news and the soaps, had tea, and then a bath, and then it dissappeared, (the blue line) Please give us the speed back.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Aug 2004 12:26

I've noticed this thread has just come back to page 1 with no new posting - just wanted to clarify that it was NOT me who nudged it, ok? Another phantom nudger lol :) Cheers,..........

The Hrt Man

The Hrt Man Report 29 Aug 2004 19:38

verry verry slow frustrating and annoying

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 29 Aug 2004 20:13

i agree it drives me mad :-((

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Aug 2004 20:29

As you'll see from Michelle's comments on 18th August, it is/was apparently being looked into, but I have to say there is only a slight improvement in performance and that only seems to be during the quieter periods :(