General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what did you want to do when you grew up?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Aug 2004 16:01

some people are in jobs now that they never thought they would be in when they were growing up.i wanted to join the police force and from the age of five to 16 was intending to do that but it wasn't to be.what did you really want to do in your career?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 18 Aug 2004 16:03

Hi, I wanted to teach from the age of 4. When I was around 16 I decided I wanted to teach drama. And that's what I do. Gwynne

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Aug 2004 16:07

saying that now women have equality the same as men so you could have been an electrician now.my husband would disagree though.he still lives in the dark agesxxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Aug 2004 16:10

you all do a marvellous job in the public sector.even though i still think you don't get paid enough for what you do.xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Aug 2004 16:12

i was about 9/10...and i was in the ouside toilet,about to light a woodbine,that i had stolen from the house...i knew it was wrong,and even in those days,i knew it was bad for my health,but i thought...well,if i live to be 35,thats good enough...well, i wanted to live to 35,and i have,heee. bryan.

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Aug 2004 16:18

good one dorothy.we should show the boys what we're made of GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!xx

Lynne

Lynne Report 18 Aug 2004 16:22

Can't remember what I wanted to be cos I'm getting on a bit now - LOL! But the school I went to encouraged us to get office jobs and that's what I did. Suppose they were right as I've stayed in office work and am now a manager so it's worked out for me. Lynne

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Aug 2004 16:46

Hi, I wanted to be a plumber, i am now an assistant!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 18 Aug 2004 16:48

i wanted to be a hairdresser and i was until about 7 yrs ago(gave up after my daughter was iil)